Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the 05 cbr 1000 running good...until today.

I was at a friends and he wanted to hear the new Yoshi exhaust, so I give it some revs then on the last one I did full throttle and it bogged out and died. As I was going home I got on it hard and the red light came on and it bogged down, then went away and back to normal. Meanwhile, today when I first got on it it started up perfect no problems, but later on it became harder and harder to start.

Now once I got home I had a spare fuel rail with injectors that I switched with the ones on it and it had the same issues. I went down the street and it bogged and died. Im at a loss, could it be a lower injector? Will my injectors from my spare rail fit in the lower ones?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm at a loss. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Did you check to see what code got set?

Short your service connector and find out what codes you have and report back.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Maybe youll stop bangin limiter while sitting still :poke:

Hope you sort it soon. Hate non runnin bikes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not an everyday occurrence and I can't even do it while riding. I'm going to switch my lower injectors tomorrow. Will report back.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This also started happening after I put my slip on on. Do I need to reset the ecu to configure the air/fuel ratio?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Theres no codes being thrown, just the intermittent issues. I just took it out and once again started and rode fine, but when I pulled the clutch in and hit rev limiter (To see if there would be a change this time) it just hits it real quick then the RPMs go back down. I just watched a video of a guy hitting the limiter for like 4 seconds with no problems.

Im not saying this is what I want to do every time I ride but the bike isn't functioning properly and I want to figure this issue out but I don't know where to start. I've changed the top secondary injectors and unplugged the battery for a few minutes. I don't know what to try next.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Your fuel map will not re-calibrate itself, if that's what you're trying to do by disconnecting the battery.

I'd be looking at my fpr, and fuel pump for adequate pressure and volume. Based on the little information you've given us...

I find it odd that you say your FI light came on, yet you have no codes. Are you sure you did the service connector right?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I'm not sure I did anything right. Last time I had an issue, the red light blinked with short and longs, that issue was fixed via removal of cables for the exhaust valve. I don't get any blinks now, and I don't know how to check the fpr because its inside of the tank so even if I pull it out how can I decide thats the issue. I don't know what further information you need.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Theres no codes being thrown, just the intermittent issues. I just took it out and once again started and rode fine, but when I pulled the clutch in and hit rev limiter (To see if there would be a change this time) it just hits it real quick then the RPMs go back down. I just watched a video of a guy hitting the limiter for like 4 seconds with no problems.

Im not saying this is what I want to do every time I ride but the bike isn't functioning properly and I want to figure this issue out but I don't know where to start. I've changed the top secondary injectors and unplugged the battery for a few minutes. I don't know what to try next.
If that were my bike I would not be revving it needlessly without a load, no matter what anyone on the video did. But that is just my practice and has been for years.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Regardless of the revving it still is hard starting sometimes or doesn't want to stay running. Meaning there is an issue somewhere.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Run it at limiter and hold it when it finally turns off its fixed :)

Nah dont do it. Lol

get power commander fix fuelin issue from the new slip on.. maybe?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In case anyone was wondering, I got the new fuel pump in and it didn't work so I got refunded. However, I noticed the fuel line was really long and the bike would run fine with the tank pulled up and would start to die once it was down...so I shortened the fuel line and its been good and bounces off rev limiter without dying out now. Hopefully this stays the fix.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I'm confused.
Your fuel line is under pressure - around 50 psi. How did you shorten it, or I should ask, how did you clamp the hose to the banjo fitting?
Any way you can take a picture of the hose you shortened?

How would it have gotten to long in the first place? Previous owner?

How are your vent, overflow, and return hoses? Are you comfortable that they have adequate room when you lower the tank?

Glad to hear your bike is running again, but I'm still a little concerned about the codes.
At this point, I would short the service connector to clear all old codes. Then if your FI light flashes again, you know they're new relevant codes, not old stored codes from a past incident. (Unhooking the battery doesn't clear them like you seem to think. They're still stored in your ECM).

Please do yourself a favor, and get a service manual to explain the proper procedure for reading and clearing codes. Once you learn this, you will understand more clearly how to let the FI light help you diagnose problems.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
^ Nevermind that last post, i just saw your new one about the gas tank.
But still get a service manual, you'll be VERY glad you did.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You mean the oem manual? I have one of those. And the fuel line was long about a foot long and it was apparently getting caught up on something. Also there is no more codes being thrown however I do I need to clear them out

1 - 19 of 19 Posts