Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a CBR 600 F4. Actually, I loved the looks and power of the bike. But for me, it was uncomfortable. I like a little more leg room and bars that don't make my wrists and neck sore. I want a Honda with an inline 4 and sport type appearance. Is there such a beast? Would I be happier on the bigger CBR's like the 900,929,954 or 1000? The year doesn't mean anything to me, condition does. Unless there is a model that is a problem bike, but I am not sure Honda made many bikes like that. Oh, experienced rider with somewhere around 500,000 + bike miles under my 54yrs. of age.Any ideas?

·
Registered
251 Posts
if you found the f4 uncomfortable,dont even try the other bikes you are thinking.
What you are looking for is a CBF,check it out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmmm, I was hoping there was a sport faired bike, instead of a naked bike. Maybe what I am looking for doesn't exist in an inline 4 motor. I just love the sound of an inline 4 on the pipe.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
919 :) Great looking bike that could be considered a sport-standard. Nice power too, but not as much power as a 900rr... just a little less.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am quilty! I had not thought of those. It may be just what I am looking for. Has anyone here used the? Did it do what you hoped it would and allow clearance for the handlebars?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have not used the heli bars but several friends have although not on a Honda F4/F4i. The installation is pretty clean and there is definitely a difference in how far up and back you can get compared to stock.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I have helibars on my 929. if you thought the F4 was uncomfortable the bigger bikes even with helibars still won't be comfortable.

something like this might be a better option ConvertiBARS the little animation is on a 929.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
get a VTR firestorm.. Im pretty sure there going to be a 1250 for 08.. The 2008 VTR1250 Firestorm I saw looked like a big CBR 1000RR.. It was pretty awsome looking

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
What type of riding? Long distances? The F4 is pretty comfy by sportbike standards. I agree with CBR929RE, even heli bars on a 929 or 954 won't help much. The 1000RR has even more aggressive ergos, I believe.

I vote to check out a VFR. Still plenty sporty, very comfortable for the long hauls. I have one of those and a 929, and for the long rides, the VFR leaves the garage. It has Genmar bar risers on it to make it a bit more comfy for me. The sound is awesome...have you heard a V-four? Get a pre-2000 model and enjoy the whine from the gear driven cams.....Mmmmmmm. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Type of riding is just general "go for a ride" type. Where I live it is fairly flat farm country, with roads laid out in 1 mile sq. blocks. Not really sport bike country with a bunch of twisties. I was glad to read some reports on the 929/954 and their comfort level. I had been looking at them as well as the older 900rr's, thinking they may have different/better ergos since they are bigger bikes.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Type of riding is just general "go for a ride" type. Where I live it is fairly flat farm country, with roads laid out in 1 mile sq. blocks. Not really sport bike country with a bunch of twisties. I was glad to read some reports on the 929/954 and their comfort level. I had been looking at them as well as the older 900rr's, thinking they may have different/better ergos since they are bigger bikes.

Well, the 929/954 ergos are more comfy than the 1000RR, I just don't think they're more comfy than an F4.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts