Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

More Displacement

4K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Chain 
#1 ·
Has anybody put a piston kit in their 929? I have looked on the internet and the piston kits for the 929 are very limited. The biggest over bore is 1 mm, which would make the 929 a 954 as everybody knows. With a CBR 1000 coming out I want something that will compete that. Also, it would be pretty satisfying out running a GSXR1000 with a 929.

#4 ·
WalkDawg : Has anybody put a piston kit in their 929?  I have looked on the internet and the piston kits for the 929 are very limited.  The biggest over bore is 1 mm, which would make the 929 a 954 as everybody knows.  With a CBR 1000 coming out I want something that will compete that.  Also, it would be pretty satisfying out running a GSXR1000 with a 929.
Umm, are we talking straight line speed here? If not, its all rider skill, the better rider wins...

#6 ·
or the new dodge tomahawk.

If you want your bike to kick some serious ass, slap on a turbo kit and some nitrous, just make sure to extend the swingarm about 2 feet.

#9 ·
ccwilli3 : Quote (WalkDawg @ May 11 2003, 4:08pm)Has anybody put a piston kit in their 929?  I have looked on the internet and the piston kits for the 929 are very limited.  The biggest over bore is 1 mm, which would make the 929 a 954 as everybody knows.  With a CBR 1000 coming out I want something that will compete that.  Also, it would be pretty satisfying out running a GSXR1000 with a 929.
Umm, are we talking straight line speed here?  If not, its all rider skill, the better rider wins...
My belief is that you've got alot of track experience. I don't. So I'm just asking a question - isn't that something of a generalization? I mean, would Valentino Rossi or another of the Moto GP gods be able to beat you around any given road course while aboard say, a Katana 600, while you circulate the same track on your RC?

#10 ·
Chain : Quote (ccwilli3 @ May 11 2003, 9:47pm)Quote (WalkDawg @ May 11 2003, 4:08pm)Has anybody put a piston kit in their 929?  I have looked on the internet and the piston kits for the 929 are very limited.  The biggest over bore is 1 mm, which would make the 929 a 954 as everybody knows.  With a CBR 1000 coming out I want something that will compete that.  Also, it would be pretty satisfying out running a GSXR1000 with a 929.
Umm, are we talking straight line speed here?  If not, its all rider skill, the better rider wins...
My belief is that you've got alot of track experience.  I don't.  So I'm just asking a question - isn't that something of a generalization?  I mean, would Valentino Rossi or another of the Moto GP gods be able to beat you around any given road course while aboard say, a Katana 600, while you circulate the same track on your RC?
Oh, hell yeah! Rossi could beat me around the track if he were on a moped and I was on a 954, or GSXR1000.
There's a club racer at the track club I ride with who absolutely spanks liter bikes on his TZ250.

#11 ·
Chain : Quote (ccwilli3 @ May 11 2003, 9:47pm)Quote (WalkDawg @ May 11 2003, 4:08pm)Has anybody put a piston kit in their 929?  I have looked on the internet and the piston kits for the 929 are very limited.  The biggest over bore is 1 mm, which would make the 929 a 954 as everybody knows.  With a CBR 1000 coming out I want something that will compete that.  Also, it would be pretty satisfying out running a GSXR1000 with a 929.
My belief is that you've got alot of track experience.  I don't.  So I'm just asking a question - isn't that something of a generalization?  I mean, would Valentino Rossi or another of the Moto GP gods be able to beat you around any given road course while aboard say, a Katana 600, while you circulate the same track on your RC?
Thats exactly my point... Jason Pridmore on a kanotuna 600 will beat just about anyone (non racer) on their bike of choice... Thats just how it is...

Now, when you get a bunch of guys of equal talent together, the bike starts making the difference...

#12 ·
No shit? Well that's pretty amazing, but I'll stipulate to your knowledge and experience on this subject.

Clearly then, these guys are even better than a guy can really appreciate since they're riding against other deity-like riders. Only if racing mere mortals would the true expertise shine, eh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.