Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after reading the old threads and doing a lot of research, it looks like with new bearings, the wheel should mount up. Does anyone know if there were any other problems other than the axle? Did the discs and other hardwear mount up?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Don't have an answer for you, but I do know that the RC wheels are appreciably heavier than the 929 3 spoke units. Why would you want to do this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not a racer. Just wanted a fun project. I got it all figured out. For all those that search after me, with all the 929 hardware on the RC rim, all you need are 2 2mm spacers.

:)

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Good to know. Do you mean the rotors bolt right up to the RC wheels as well as the rear caliper alignment being right on?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's how it looks. I finally found 3 people who had done the conversion, and that's what they're telling me. I'll be picking up the RC wheels hopefully this weekend. I'll make sure to document any problem spots and take some pics.

·
Registered
240 Posts
That's how it looks. I finally found 3 people who had done the conversion, and that's what they're telling me. I'll be picking up the RC wheels hopefully this weekend. I'll make sure to document any problem spots and take some pics.

So have you done it? worked?

I wanna do it too....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts