Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From another thread on another board which I can't find.

The switchgear on the carbed blades, especially the early bikes with separate throttle and kill switch, is looking a bit dated now. Also, I don't much like the light switch being on the left, the high beam toggle no longer works smoothly (did they ever?) and the choke cable looks like something from a 1950's Morris minor.

Anyone tried fitting the more modern and sleeker 600f3 switchgear, with integrated choke lever? The only issue I see is the throttle cables exit the bottom of the housing on the RHS but was wondering if you could graft the light awitch into the 900rr housing?

There would be an amount of switching wire ends into different socket housings to match but the colours will probably be the same so that's no issue.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Pretty certain CBRRRT did this on his build (which I can't seem to find now, but was replicated on the Aussie a streetfighter forum)...

He used cbr600 switch gear with integrated lever (can't remember what year)...

Lambchops has replaced his left side switchgear for a cbr1000rr 08 to get hazards....

I'm using a cbr1000rr kill switch housing on my 94 blade....

You could always relocate the choke to somewhere less obvious..

Looking forward to seeing the details - please post wiring and pics if you go down that route....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts