Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
An approximately 7 year old Arai:

ARAI QUANTUM F MOTORCYCLE HELMET SIZE SMALL on eBay (end time 01-Nov-09 16:28:31 GMT)

I asked the seller to lift the lining & take a pic of the polystyrene shell - he wouldn't, and apparently he doesn't know how old the lid is, and doesn't want to mess up the lining in case he "can't get it back properly".

Really now...??

None the less, at least 10 people are clammering for it. Dang. OMG.

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
I would never buy a second hand helmet... EVER!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I placed a bid on it because on of the guys that I get to see very occasionally has been riding in a helmet that he's had an off in. And he did hit he head in that off.

He has an extremely liberal approach to what "saftey" means and he's in the market for a size large helmet so whoever rides with him will have one to use, and "Large would fit everyone". :rolleyes:

Nothing we say gets through to him and I bidded so IF I won, at least he'll hopefully have a slightly better helmet to use (he can pay me when I give him the helment). I only placed a small bid so at least I can justify the visor and the pads.

But it is just incredible that people are clamoring for it. That helmet is about 7 years old!! It's extremely fishy that the seller would not show what the polystyrene shell. That is a big no for me. Without lifting that, HOW can he be sure that the polystyrene is intact?? I don't believe that for a second.

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Your friend must have virtually no regard for his own life then if he will willingly wear a helmet that old.. Aside from anything else you only have the sellers word for the fact that HE hasn't dropped it.. Gawd only knows what happened to it before he owned it..

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, he does have a very "carefree" attitude towards road safety. He's not exactly a friend, but well, I do wish that he would be a bit better protected.

Gawd only knows what happened to it before he owned it..
I think that too. That's why I only bidded for what I think the visor and pads are worth, even if it's an Arai. For what we know it might not even have made a good Halloween sweets basket.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GBP 87!! That's like US$135!! For a *USED* lid that you can't feel, can't see the insides of before buying... Man, that's one big bet IMO.

Some people have more money than sense...

·
Registered
6,493 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
:popcorn: true true true true true..................damn flea bay!!! there are suckers, and then there are idiots and then there are buddy fu**ers

·
Registered
737 Posts
:popcorn: true true true true true..................damn flea bay!!! there are suckers, and then there are idiots and then there are buddy fu**ers
Ahhhh Blue Falcons ..... nothing a good punch in the mouf can't solve!!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
js, you know what im talking about, blue falcons get a beating in my side of town!!!!!!

Reactions: JohnnySpeed954
1 - 20 of 24 Posts