Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Now if that isn't a shotgun approach to a bad situation. This administration has all but destroyed family planning centers and public heath programs. So instead of trying to stop the the spread of aids let's just test everyone and see who has it with no plan for remediation. For those that think this is no big deal, what do you think happens once someone is identified with aids?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
They get:
Free condoms? An extended vacation in Africa? A date with Magic Johnson?
:idunno:

Black listed from ever getting life insurance, maybe some health insurance (don't cover those existing conditions you know), and maybe even one of those cool websites where they track where you live so your neighbors know who to be careful around. :idunno:

:stirpot:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Now if that isn't a shotgun approach to a bad situation. This administration has all but destroyed family planning centers and public heath programs. So instead of trying to stop the the spread of aids let's just test everyone and see who has it with no plan for remediation. For those that think this is no big deal, what do you think happens once someone is identified with aids?
Even if there's no plan for remediation, just knowing is enough to help any individual with their own care (education) and the safety of their relations with others.
I just got my blood typed and the test was offerred with a full page list of terms of disclosure/non-disclosure. The full details I can't recall.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Unfortunately there is still too much stigma associated with HIV. And remember who is running things. Not the most socially liberal bunch around. In another world or in another time knowing who has HIV would be a great benefit to all. But in this world at this time, I would much rather have the money go to helping to prevent the disease. This country has spent $400 billion on creating terror around the world. How about taking a portion of that and put it to some good...preventing a preventable disease.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts