Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
new poster here, hope you don't hold it aginast me (I spend most of my time on the off road sites)
I've got 35K on my 99 VTR and the infamous CCT let go. (I didn't know it was infamous until I had to trailer the bike home last week!)
I'm tearing it all down and thinking about finally putting my Moriwkai pistons in. The guy I bought it from was considering making the VTR his track bike, but got sidetracked by the 10 other bikes he had in his garage. Anyhow, here I am 25K later and since I'm doing a full teardown I thought I may as well do it.
At 11.4 compression ratio and stage 1 HRC cams, am I going to have to run race gas in this thing??
I can't find a damn thing on the net about these. Big Valley Honda (the original piston dealer) lost the guy that used to know about this stuff.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
no, I ran 13.5 compression in one of my GSXR's on premium with no problems. The bike has to be in good tune for what you have in it though. Don't expect to just throw the pistons, cams in it and it's going to run like a raped ape.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the feedback. We're going to dyno tune it once I'm done with the top ends.

Both of my dirt bikes run similar comp ratios, no problems with them either, I just wanted a sanity check.

Thanks for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts