Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's amazing how quickly one can forget that this beast weighs 4100 lbs. Ahhhh, the magical thing we like to call horsepower.

:inlove:

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
smkeatr said:
Very, very nice. Dodge did a fine job with that one. :thumb:
I've loved it since the first time I saw one around town. I don't know what's gotten into the Dodge/Chrysler folks lately(Mercedes, maybe?), but this and the 300C are just fantastic cars.

I would need about 10 more hands to count all the cars I've test driven since June, but those were the only two that completely blew me away(that I could afford, I mean).

300C is a little classier with a much smoother ride. But the Charger just has more attitude, and a little more umph. Of course, umph is relative when you're talking about a couple of Hemi powered machines.

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Happy umph-ing, indeed.

Don't know how many of you remember, but I traded in my '00 Celica GT for this car. I loved that Celly to death, but power wasn't something it had in great supply.

A major upgrade?

Good lord, I'm in heaven!!!! :inlove:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Mo Noyz said:
I don't know what's gotten into the Dodge/Chrysler folks lately(Mercedes, maybe?), but this and the 300C are just fantastic cars.
The only American automaker selling CARS worth talking about. (Vette and Mustang excluded)

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
Cool man! Is that a full frame car or unibody? How's the mpg?!?!? How's it ride and handle?

I would seriously consider one.

HD
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it is a sort of reinforced unibody with front and rear subframes. It's basically the previous generation MB E-Class except for the motor and a lot of detailing. I put a lot of miles on E320s and E430s when I worked for Mercedes Benz... very solid chassis... tight.

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jaim said:
:boobies:
:rotfl:

HeavyD said:
Is that a full frame car or unibody?
I'm not entirely sure. But it sounds as though Frenchy knows what he's talking about. Mercedes also played a major role in the transmission and stability control of the Charger.

How's the mpg?!?!?
Listed at 17/25. I have put about 200 miles on it since I picked it up Thursday, and the reading on the EVIC is showing an average of 17.4 mpg so far. And almost all of that was around town, and out back roller coaster driving.

How's it ride and handle?
I would consider the ride to be almost perfect. It is incredibly smooth, but not numb like the 300C. Feels attached to the road, but doesn't bruise your kidneys going over potholes and the like. And even though I haven't tried to push it really hard through the twisties yet, I can say that body roll is incredibly minimal for such a large and heavy car. Seats are comfortable as hell in a straight line, but once the curves start coming at you, you'll need to hold on tight because there isn't a great deal of support. The only downside to the suspension is some SERIOUS float over large humps. I hit a pretty decent one coming off of a small bridge at 80 mph yesterday, dude, I thought I was gonna go airborne!!

And even as big and heavy as it is, it really struggles with harsh crosswinds. It's really stable on the highway, but because it is about as aerodynamic as the old muscle cars, a quick burst of crosswinds really pushes that sucker.

The traction control works very well. It will let you bark the rear rubber a little, but it's damn near impossible to get the thing completely sideways.

I would seriously consider one.
WARNING!!!! If you are not seriously considering one, DO NOT TAKE ONE FOR A TEST DRIVE!!!

:evilaugh: Trust me on this one.

Tigerblade said:
Why don't you drive it 25 miles north for a BBQ?
When? We may already be coming up there next Saturday.

Beedy A said:
So do you feel the cylinder cut/return at all?
No. Not even a little bit.

On top of that, it is an incredibly quiet car. Sound insulation is top notch. Much quieter than my wifes Honda Pilot.

But if you're cruising along at any speed, and you hit the gas, the power is instantaneous. No lag.

Oh, and the autostick is the best one I have ever used. You can actually take it to redline through every gear if you want to without it shifting out before you want it to.

:thumb:

And, if you accidently kick it down too many gears, it will only allow you to kick down to the lowest gear inside the redline(so you don't wrinkle some valve stems like I once did in my Celica).

:thumb: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts