Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thread for discussions about MotoGP during this season.

Brothers Marquez will fight for Repsol colors and Cal and Takagami for Team LCR.

With some struggle during test and think at least Marc will fins something until first race.
If Alex take some places in top 10 during first half i think he does it good.

I really like Cal and hope he fins some more confidence on Honda this year to fight in the Top.
Takagami i think will be around 10-15 place during race this year too.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Would love to share your optimism, Mr Mountain. I can't see Alex making even the top 15 for the first half season.

Much as I hate to say it, Qatar will see the whole podium filled with Yamaha. You read it here first!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn MotoGP is cancelled coming race in Qatar due to Covid-19.
Moto2 and Moto3 will race but not MotoGP.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,867 Posts
This is crazy, but understandable. At what point do you start to believe all the hype? Better now than later, imagine what would happen if the entire grid was empty due to illness? It's in the US now too, killing people. This is nuts.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
We have to believe it, Ian, because of the numerous sources and countries that are now affected. Governments play it down and both Pres Trump and PM Johnson have told the public that vaccine is 'on the way.' Well, yes, it is, but the authoritative source being WHO claims such vaccine is '3 to 4 months away.'

I am booked (and mostly paid for) 9 days in Sicily from the end of May. Sicily now has 3 confirmed cases, yet apartment complex tells me to not worry. Alitalia Airlines has twice not responded to my email queries. I would rather do my dosh than take the risk - if in fact there will even be flights anywhere in May. In my view this will only get far worse than anything that's ever faced humanity.

Far from being a doom monger, something niggled me from the very start. Not being a wise guy, but for some reason I saw a massive negative impact on commerce and to that end sold very large parcels of shares. Now, I see that most markets have crashed significantly (in most areas, save for Rentokil) and I am miles ahead than if I might have waited it out. We will see more than just a couple of races cancelled. Tokyo Olympics will definitely be cancelled, and a whole bevy of other sporting schedules. Yes, this is nuts.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,867 Posts
I agree with most of what you said Nigel however, I believe that although its gloom and doom now, I think the media is telling the story, rather than the virus. I'm not downplaying the seriousness of the disease itself, but maybe a little of the "panic" that the media is generating. The markets took a hit last week, but here in the US the DOW rebounded nicely (unconfirmed highest single day gain ever), and I hope that not us yanks just being naive to it. I certainly hope it doesn't get to the point where the Olympics are cancelled. My wife and I love watching them. More GP's, well, OK, not as a huge global platform as the Olympics IMHO. Lets grab some masks, wash our hands, and hope for the best for all of us (y)

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Wow Ian, I think you might be caught up in election fever!!:ROFLMAO:

The media is not exaggerating the enormity of this crisis. Only this morning a WHO official described this situation as being in 'unchartered territory'. Governments (or at least ours) are playing it down, obviously to prevent panic in the community. Our Prime Minister offered the highly intellectual advice: “But at the moment, I just wish to repeat, the crucial thing we can all do to help the NHS, to stop the spread of the disease, is wash your hands twice, two verses of Happy birthday, hot water and soap.” As an aspiring political leader myself, I am presently negotiating with the PM's office to 'roll out' a national hand wash promotion:

I many underestimate the gravity of this, again for community calm. Whilst figures can be played with, the following shows the gravity:

You guys won't even have a Super Bowl this year. Now that hit where it hurts!;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just for comparison's sake, the Modelo Virus (COVID-19) has shown about 93K cases world wide, with 118 cases in the US, as of yesterday (Mar 4). The flu has an estimated 1B cases world wide, with between 9M-45M cases in the US. COVID-19 Has caused roughly 3,200 deaths worldwide, with only 11 in the U.S. I would make the assertion that these have been nearly exclusively immunocompromised patients! The flu has caused between 290K to 650K deaths worldwide, with somewhere between 12K to 60K deaths being attributed to the flu in the US PER YEAR! I'm not trying to down play the Modelo-Virus, but I'm not sure that it warrants the pandemonium that its receiving, by folks that I would guess take little precautions during 'flu season'. The primary issue with MotoGP, to my understanding from the video of the interview with Carmelo Ezpeleta, was Quatar requiring a 14 day incubation period prior to the event, that was not agreeable with MotoGP teams and staff. I need to go back and watch the video on the Moto GP streaming service again, that directly spoke to that issue, as I cannot recall the specifics.

·
Registered
444 Posts
In my view this will only get far worse than anything that's ever faced humanity.
Just for reference, Nigel:

"The 1918 influenza pandemic (January 1918 – December 1920; colloquially known as Spanish flu) was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic, the first of the two pandemics involving H1N1 influenza virus, with the second being the swine flu in 2009.[1] It infected 500 million people around the world,[2] or about 27% of the then world population of between 1.8 and 1.9 billion, including people on isolated Pacific islands and in the Arctic. The death toll is estimated to have been anywhere from 17 million[3] to 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million, making it one of the deadliest epidemics in human history.[4][5]"

And, don't forget that the World Population is increasing from 7+ billion to level off at 11 billion by the end of this century, including the affect of flu's:

·
Registered
444 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts