Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this maybe stupid but I see some definite correlations between auto manufacturers and motorcycle manufacturers. I'm looking at similarities between company philosophies, types of vehicle owners, etc. Best description is to start with my list, you can add to or edit, just throwing this out cause I'm bored:

Motorcycle = Automobile
  • BMW = BMW
  • Ducati = Ferrari
  • Harley = Ford
  • Honda = Honda
  • Kawasaki = Nissan
  • Hyosung = Hyundai
  • MV Agusta = Lamborghini
  • Triumph = ???
  • Suzuki = Mitsubishi
  • Yamaha = Toyota
Like I said these aren't actual business partnerships, just my own conclusions:idunno:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Vespa = Renault or Citroen maybe?

Ural = Skoda?

BMW = Volvo

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
Fords are shitty,and so are Harleys..

;D
:hmm:..... but when you remember the acronyms for both you'll realise why its wrong

FORD.... F##ked On Race Day
HARLEY..... Whats A Race? Weres My Tractor!*

*of course.. the guy who made up this Acronym didn't realy understand the principle. but, he did win first prize at the village idiot contest

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would agree with the

Harley = Corvette - the image of owning one is more important than driving it.
Hodaka = ? Remember the Combat a Wambat bike??
Can Am = A Canadian car manufacturer to be named in the future.
Norton = Aston Martin
Yamaha = Mercedes Benz Sedan - I am thinking older bikes that were sewing machine sounding, a little under powered, but very reilable.
Honda = Mopar - simplicity and common parts throughout the line, not to mention Hemi power!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Honda = Mopar? Right:rolleyes:
Theres nothing reliable about Mopar.
Honda = Honda as originally stated.
Harley = Dodge deisel P/U. They are very loud. A lot guys want one but they dont know why. With a few mods, they can go kinda fast straight.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Harley = Dodge deisel P/U.
Definitely not. The Cummins under the hood of a Dodge is a thing of beauty. Very powerful. Harley takes chemical energy of fuel and converts it mostly to noise.

Hyosung is more like a Kia than like a modern Hyundai. Kia copied and never learned. Hyundai made its own mistakes and now are quite good, actually. Hyosung make an SV 650 knock-off.

·
Registered
922 Posts
in my case, 11 year old honda = Chevy, Lincoln, Mercedes hahahahah

man I need to elevate my bike game!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Chum, ask anybody that has worked at an automotive parts house, as I have. You soon learn which parts you sell a lot of and which brands they come from. Far and away, we sold fewer parts for Mopar products (even considering market share) than any other brand. So from experience, it is a valid comparison. Now period could have something to do with it. I last worked in parts in '94.

I also have a Cummins under the hood of my '84 D350 crew cab dually. So the only thing it has in common with the HD guys is a straight pipe! I also have a '03 Hemi and a '79 short box step side with stacks on it, sporting a 340, 4 spd. So I am kind of dyed in the wool.:thumb:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Chum, ask anybody that has worked at an automotive parts house, as I have. You soon learn which parts you sell a lot of and which brands they come from. Far and away, we sold fewer parts for Mopar products (even considering market share) than any other brand. So from experience, it is a valid comparison. Now period could have something to do with it. I last worked in parts in '94.

I also have a Cummins under the hood of my '84 D350 crew cab dually. So the only thing it has in common with the HD guys is a straight pipe! I also have a '03 Hemi and a '79 short box step side with stacks on it, sporting a 340, 4 spd. So I am kind of dyed in the wool.:thumb:
imcamod81,
I'd rather not continue to step on toes, so if your Honda mc reminds you of Moper of yesteryear, very well. I just have a hard time comparing my mc to what has been coming off the Chrysler assembly line for the last ten years. I think most honest people would recognize the reliability gap between Honda autos and Mopar. Just my thoughts. BTW, I'm currently a parts manager at one of the bigger repair shops in Northern CO.
The crack about Dodge deisel P/U's was birthed from my aggrivation with all these careless youngins parading around town in thier overgrown deisel trucks trying to race anything on wheels. They seem to have no regard for safety, and thats extremely annoying when I'm on a bike. Its not just the Dodge kids though. Those trucks belong on a ranch, construction site or hard at work on the road. Not in the hand of a wreckless minor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts