Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been awhile, saw this tossed up on another forum. Figured you guys would have a word or two to say about it. But then again most of you are on the other side of the big blue..haha

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/cease-funding-motorcycle-only-checkpoints-through-nhtsa-and-other-federal-agencies/lDH0YB1N?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

this is a petition to stop federal funding for motorcycle-only checkpoints. In the statement it doesnt tell what all the "inspection" entails. more info on what's been accomplished on the subject can be found here by The AMA

Motorcycle Only Checkpoints

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hey guys been awhile, saw this tossed up on another forum. Figured you guys would have a word or two to say about it. But then again most of you are on the other side of the big blue..haha

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/cease-funding-motorcycle-only-checkpoints-through-nhtsa-and-other-federal-agencies/lDH0YB1N?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

this is a petition to stop federal funding for motorcycle-only checkpoints. In the statement it doesnt tell what all the "inspection" entails. more info on what's been accomplished on the subject can be found here by The AMA

Motorcycle Only Checkpoints

What is the point of these motorcycle-only checkpoints?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Doesn't say. could be just registration and insurance, or illegal mod inspection
I'm glad we don't have to deal with that crap here in TN.

For the states that DO have crap like this, maybe they could divert those funds to eliminate toll roads.

Very few things are an indicator of civil fund mismanagement like toll roads...of which should be coming out of that state's tax fund.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
If we randomly stop black people .... it's wrong.
If we randomly stop women ..... it's wrong.
If we randomly stop Hispanic people .... it's wrong.
If we randomly stop motorcyclists ... that's ok?

:idunno:

Maybe Android or Apple will release an app that shows motorcycle-only checkpoint locations and detours around them? LOL
** cough **

·
Registered
927 Posts
They could pull over a motorcyclist and damn near get away with sodomy. People around here assume you're up to know good just by looking at you.

·
Registered
321 Posts
They did it back in 2005-6 in NY because there was an large amount of people in the NYS DMV system with motorcycle permits and maybe about 25-30% of them actually had full motorcycle license privileges. In NYC and the Hudson valley area (which I live/lived in both) there were a lot of motorcycle accidents involving people with suspended/standard Non-motorcycle/Motorcycle permit licenses and even no license at all which essentially doesn't allow you to fully operate a motorcycle in the state of NY.

I remember watching it on the news a few times. There are still a ton of people that i know that i ride with that doesn't have full paperwork and ****. It sucks because its really easy to get but you know.

Do i condone this law tho? Definitely not because if i get stopped, its an hour of my time for everyone elses mistake. plus its profiling. its bad enough that i am a black man, riding a really nice bike

·
Registered
927 Posts
Do i condone this law tho? Definitely not because if i get stopped, its an hour of my time for everyone elses mistake. plus its profiling. its bad enough that i am a black man, riding a really nice bike
Yeah I bet they take one look and call you aside. If you have cops like we have here you might get pulled over twice a ride.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I used to get pulled over alot when i was younger, i had a car with a loud ass exhaust. The cops knew my car enough that once they knew who i was, they didnt really bother me. Still now most of the cops in my area know who i am (for good reasons, a lot of community events) so i barely get pulled over. Outside of my area is a different story

·
Registered
596 Posts
lame, but what do you expect in NY? home of the 7rnd magazine, 16oz soft drinks, and whatever other rules nanny bloomberg wants to force upon people. no wonder NY sucks so much.

·
Registered
454 Posts
lame, but what do you expect in NY? home of the 7rnd magazine, 16oz soft drinks, and whatever other rules nanny bloomberg wants to force upon people. no wonder NY sucks so much.
I'm so glad I'm from, and live in the South. :smilebig:
Though I love the mtns and would love to live in the Denver region of CO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts