Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

3341 - 3360 of 3380 Posts

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
What say you challenge creator @unslow1?
AYE! I endorse @IanDoohan's request to ECKS "X" and to move on to "Y". I also accept @Mollari's submissions of "Y" and "Z" and apologize for not contributing MORE to my own challenge.

Thank you EVERYONE for participating, your patience, and persevering through to its end. I hope this challenge "forced" some folks to venture out to areas that they would not normally been.

It's all yours now, @Mollari!

·
Registered
419 Posts
It's all yours now, @Mollari!
:thumb:

Okay, so whilst trying to get that place that began with a Y I ended up on some seriously crappy roads that were 'Not suitable for a sports bike'

So this next one is an open challenge that will run for 1 month , anyone can submit as many entries as possible.. on the 28 OCT 2019 we'll decide a winner by vote or something.

Picture of your bike 'in the most unsuitable place for a sports bike' (such as parked on a golf green :lol:)

It could be absolutely anything form your bike parked on top of something daft to a place where you just shouldn't find a sports bike. Your imagination is the only limit, be creative..
(ps.. be careful though eh? don't do anything stupid :thumb:)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Now that's some challenge, but I'll try to be up to the task!
That was a reference to a previous challenge not an actual challenge 😉
(There was a challenge to take a pic near a golf course and RRDemon I think it was 🤔 put his bike on the actual green 😂)

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,336 Posts
That was a reference to a previous challenge not an actual challenge 😉
(There was a challenge to take a pic near a golf course and RRDemon I think it was 🤔 put his bike on the actual green 😂)
He sure did, that was an amazing photo.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Just to keep this interesting thread going, I'll start with a very ordinary pic in a no parking area that can easily be beaten. Let's go guys, and @Eileen:grin

(For those living in historic times of carburettors, this bike is a fuel injected:smile 2018 SP2. Great bike but overpriced.)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
911 Posts

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Ah, but I still have this, just to keep in touch, but use ethanol free fuel which runs cleaner. When not in use I use fuel stabiliser.

Attachments

·
7,336 Posts
Ah, but I still have this, just to keep in touch, but use ethanol free fuel which runs cleaner. When not in use I use fuel stabiliser.
Nigel, PRAY :pray: :pray: that you never have to take those carbs off. Even I would say no no no to that! :nono: :nono: :nono:

·
7,336 Posts
So I'm to believe it's one heck of a job? I haven't need to venture inside the fairings, but I can see that at looks rather 'congested' in there!:wink
I did it on its cousin, the 85 VF1100C Magna. No lie, I wanted to toss the bike off a cliff. The insulators were vulcanized like hockey puck rubber, and I needed 4 pry bars to get the carbs off, and that was on a standard street bike with no plastic fairings or other things to get in the way. That was the easy part.

Putting them back on was even WORSE!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I did it on its cousin, the 85 VF1100C Magna. No lie, I wanted to toss the bike off a cliff. The insulators were vulcanized like hockey puck rubber, and I needed 4 pry bars to get the carbs off, and that was on a standard street bike with no plastic fairings or other things to get in the way. That was the easy part.

Putting them back on was even WORSE!
Thank you, Ian. I have been feeling a bit guilty and very cave-man-like for using pry bars to get my carbs off on Friday:
"The insulators were vulcanized like hockey puck rubber" just made me laugh out loud and feel much better about my mechanical brutalising! :thumb:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I Always run corn free, am i just holding onto old carby steadfast rules? asking for a fuel injected 954. :|

93 ethanol free is a pain in the ass to find at times.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I Always run corn free, am i just holding onto old carby steadfast rules? asking for a fuel injected 954. /forums/images/fireblades_toucan/smilies/tango_face_plain.png

93 ethanol free is a pain in the ass to find at times.
He's asking for me too. I talk a big game but the 98 vfr is fuel injected too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well since nobody seems to be taking part in this challenge, i guess i'll post this. the weatherman said 45 degrees this morning, turns out it was 36. sorry you can't see the whole bike but then you wouldn't know temperature. i contend the bike shouldn't be on the road at 36 degrees (fahrenheit for those on the wrong side of the pond).

Attachments

·
7,336 Posts
Well since nobody seems to be taking part in this challenge, i guess i'll post this. the weatherman said 45 degrees this morning, turns out it was 36. sorry you can't see the whole bike but then you wouldn't know temperature. i contend the bike shouldn't be on the road at 36 degrees (fahrenheit for those on the wrong side of the pond).
45 and pouring in CT today. NO riding here.......

3341 - 3360 of 3380 Posts