Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to the International Motorcycle Show at the Javits Center this weekend? I'll be there on Friday, Jan 2nd, and HondaGal and I will be there on Sat, Jan 3rd. On Friday, I'll be meeting a few folks at the Ducati display at 2 PM. Stop by and say hi if you're there! Or, pick a place and time to meet on Saturday.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I wish I could go... I think I will see the Atlanta Show this year!

Have fun and take pics!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Tammy and I will be there on Friday at or about noon when it opens. And why is the NY show always the most $. :rant: HGT we will keep an eye out for ya'. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
freq said:
Tammy and I will be there on Friday at or about noon when it opens. And why is the NY show always the most $. :rant: HGT we will keep an eye out for ya'. :thumb:
Cool! I'll be meeting some Reduc folks by the Ducati area at 2 PM. Stop by if you're in the area at that time.

cc, too bad the show is so far from you, it'd be great to see you again!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I will be there Fri 3-9 and Sun 9-2. I will be at the Rider Ed. of NJ booth on Fri and on Sun as well but I will be back and forth to the Team Promotion Booth on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
When:
:. Friday, January 2
Noon - 9:00pm
:. Saturday, January 3
9:00am - 9:00pm
:. Sunday, January 4
9:30am - 5:00pm

Admission:
$15.00 Adult
$5.00 Children 6 to 11 years old
Children 5 & under free

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nah, didn't take pics, but had a lot of fun hanging out with folks I hadn't seen in awhile. Arata was there and now makes slip ons for certain models, as well as their excellent full systems. Ventura luggage has new storm covers, so I'll be ordering those. And, I got a thicker liner (not cheek pads) for my Arai helmet so now it fits better. I was disappointed, but not surprised, that Honda had only 1 CBR1000 on display, in red & black, up on a podium so you couldn't sit on it. Yamaha, on the other hand, had one of each color R1 on the floor for you to "try on". I have to say that the R1 in the liquid silver is stunning. It's a 2-tone silver, one of the silvers having a blue undertone. The pictures I've seen don't do it justice; it's beautiful in person.
They had the Ducati Sport Classics on display, with the original old models that inspired them right behind them. That yellow one is every bit as gorgeous in person as it is in the pictures I've seen. They will likely start producing them in 2005, so I need to start saving now!

Had a great time! Also got to meet "the collectable trader". Great guy, had fun chatting with him at the USCRA booth! Hope to see you again!!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
I was disappointed, but not surprised, that Honda had only 1 CBR1000 on display, in red & black, up on a podium so you couldn't sit on it. Yamaha, on the other hand, had one of each color R1 on the floor for you to "try on".
That's just WRONG!!!! It really pisses me off :rant: It's like Honda thinks that they are better then all the others? WTF!!!! Do they only have ONE bike in the US right now??? Motorcycle is not like cars where you can go and have a test ride of what you are looking to buy. Just giving us the opportunity to sit one the thing before we spend our $$$ is the least they could do. It's enough for me to reconsider buying their stuff :rant: :rant: :rant:

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jetbdude said:
That's just WRONG!!!! It really pisses me off :rant: It's like Honda thinks that they are better then all the others? WTF!!!! Do they only have ONE bike in the US right now??? Motorcycle is not like cars where you can go and have a test ride of what you are looking to buy. Just giving us the opportunity to sit one the thing before we spend our $$$ is the least they could do. It's enough for me to reconsider buying their stuff :rant: :rant: :rant:

I hear ya, and I agree. I think it's because the 1000RR isn't released yet, but the others (Yamaha R1, Kawi ZX10) are. This is just like the 600RR situation last year. Honda's dropping the ball if you ask me. How come everyone else has their new 2004 models available, but Honda won't until March?? And, will it be available in March, or will it be delayed like the 600RR?! If I was in the market for a new liter bike this year and had to have it for the upcoming season, I'd be forced to get the R1 at this point. Luckily, I don't have to make that decision. My 929 is staying for at least another couple of years.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
HG2/Jet

I'm with ya guys. It's very annoying.

IIRC, last year they had a 600rr on the floor to sit on in Cleveland, as well as one up on the spinner :huh:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
ND4SPD said:
:nono: They don't tell you about the $8+ for parking :rant:

i feel for ya' but try $30 for parking in NYC. Last year, same garage, it was $20.

Never again.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I was there on Friday and I was furious at Honda. They are definitely screwing the pooch by not putting a 1000RR out for people to sit on. Every one of the bikes competitors was available! If you're a business man of any talent you have got to at least match your competitors. I think they built an ugly slug (everything is relative) and now they don't want anyone to find out too early. There wasn't even an RC on the floor. I know it's not a big deal but it shows Honda's attitude towards the buyer: You'll buy our bikes because we are HONDA and it doesn't matter if we make a fat, ugly, underpowered pig.

If I was in the market for an inline 4 liter bike I'd be writing my check to Kawi. "I'll take mine in blue, please."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts