Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of you guys and girls are from the states and hotter country's. but iam from England where it rains alot. Any ways who actually likes cleaning and polishing there motorcycle and how many of you guys would pay to have your pride and joy cleaned for you.How many people just don't bother.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
I would never pay someone, because I would never be happy with the job they did, and be out that money at the same time. I really don't like to do it, but I feel that I have to, and I probably do it after almost every ride depending on the road conditions.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I enjoy cleaning the bike and making shine but I sure as hell hate cleaning the chain an sprockets but it has to be done every 300 miles if you want it to last so I do it. As for paying someone to clean my bike that would never happen. No one touches my bike but me and my wife and the only part of her that touches it is her backside when I take her for a ride.:rotfl:

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
I clean it myself. Another good reason to do it yourself is because it gets you to go over the entire bike. Whilst cleaning I check for any loose bolts, fasteners, etc. I check the chain slack, tire condition, pretty much look over everything while cleaning, it's a great opportunity to make sure everything's buttoned up!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Not keen on cleaning bike or car, do it because i have to, would deffo let someone else do it. Like the man says in england the bike gets dirty nearly everytime you go out. Love to see her clean hate to get her there. Although the last time i went out i cleaned her half way through the ride:rotfl:

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
I wash and polish Rhonda when she needs it. One of my mates ( retired) has a bike washing day every week as does his car, as does his house. He also washes his while on a trip as in Phillip Island Supers we just went to. Arrived Friday and the first thing he did was wash his bike, he was'nt the only one, once he did his nearly all of us gave our steeds a tub. Have to admit it was a lot better riding a clean sparkling bike to the track.
But I still hav'nt washed her since I got home.:crap:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I never ride mine if the weather forecast calls for rain. However, on the few times I've ridden when the roads were still slightly wet from an overnight rain I wash it after I get back home, after I've let it cool down for an hour or so.

I'd never let anyone else wash it because I'm sure they would not be as thorough as I am and also I don't want anyone squirting water in places that should never have any (ram air intakes).

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wash Quicker (pet name) often, but with little effort - pressure washer (gently) with soap and wax. Too many bugs and too much dirt to spend a lot of time on something I'll have to do again soon.
Clean from 3 metres away is fine!

Nobody washes it but me. Fair enough - nobody else rides 'er either!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I do it myself whenever i can. My bike can never be too clean and being honest i take great pleasure in washing and polishing her, she normally gets a bit of water and suds, followed by muc off(heavy cleaner) which is left to soak for 5/10 mins then scrubbed and rinsed thoroughly, left to dry and then polished up. I would never pay anyone to do something i can do myself, especially wash the bike....might just give her a clean now??

Is it just me or do they seem to run better when clean also??

·
Registered
332 Posts
I like to wash the bike myself, once a week during riding season maybe once every other month in the off season. most of the time its a relaxing moment where i think about good rides and day dream about the next time i can take her out. usually its just with a damp micro fiber rag or same rag with some soap if shes really dirty. havent started waxing her yet but will soon, still shines like the day i rode her home.
i would let someone else wash her, but i would probly end up doing it very soon after so theres no point.
they do ride better clean thats a scientific fact*

*not proven by any actual scientists.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.