Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met a friend from Connecticut here today. Spent 2+ hours just lookin' around, and could've spent another 2 hours paying attention to details and taking notes. This place is fantastic! I highly recommend anyone and everyone to check this place out. $11 gets you in and all the free coffee you want :thumb:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for those interested, it's in Newburgh, NY... not far from Orange County Choppers and about an hour away from Bear Mountain.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Looks pretty interesting, how many total bikes do you think were there?

I might have to add that to the list of motorcycle musems to visit in the future; still gotta get down to the one over at Barber Motorsposrts Park (AL) and "Wheels Through Time" in Maggie Valley (NC) one day.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
500+
VERY impressive collection of Indians from 190_ to "current" and even some imposters. You can click on their website and see they host other events as well, but just observing & appreciating the private collections, as well as the donations to the museum was breathtaking. Walking down "the line" of Indians and seeing the technology increase from era to era was neat too... left-hand throttle, left side "suicide" shift to right side shift, fuel tanks from rear fender to current placement, chain drive to belt and back to chain. Just fantastic; educational and fascinating.

I'd love to have a FireBlades.org "get together" there sometime. They'd probably offer a group discount if we could get a decent amount of riders to come at once :idunno: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
500+
VERY impressive collection of Indians from 190_ to "current" and even some imposters. You can click on their website and see they host other events as well, but just observing & appreciating the private collections, as well as the donations to the museum was breathtaking. Walking down "the line" of Indians and seeing the technology increase from era to era was neat too... left-hand throttle, left side "suicide" shift to right side shift, fuel tanks from rear fender to current placement, chain drive to belt and back to chain. Just fantastic; educational and fascinating.

I'd love to have a FireBlades.org "get together" there sometime. They'd probably offer a group discount if we could get a decent amount of riders to come at once :idunno: :thumb:

Is that so they don't need to stop at the bar? Or just continue where they left off at the bar? How do they keep the beer cold?

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha. There's a really cool story behind it. My friend John got it on first guess. The keg is an auxilary fuel tank. Owner was a State Trooper and was "challenged" to ride from New York to Los Angeles in 48 hours... back in 197_something. He actually made it in 47+ hours, hopped a flight back to NY, then ran a 72 hour shift. At the end of his shift, he (accompanied by his wife) drove their pickup truck from NY to LA to retrieve the bike, then made it back to NY safe and sound!

Story has it, he was even stopped in Pennsylvania (Westbound) and was detained for :45. Instead of showing his badge and asking for some "professional courtesy", he chose to NOT shame his department, and keep it tucked away.

:patriot:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts