Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im interested in picking up a used MTB for the right sort of money and found this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7226179040&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Missed the auction but managed to contact the vendor, turns out he's quite local to me. Interesting history, Tifosi don't make MTB, but import a range of high(ish) end road bikes from the far east. As a favour for their emplyees, the Tifosi importers, R J Chicken and Sons, sourced three frames from the far east, got painted up ij Belgium as Tifosis and built up. This one got sold on, and the second owner, who changed quite a few parts, now wants to sell.

His reserve in the auction was £500. He's a bit desparate now and would take £400 cash.

Trouble is I know naff all about mountain bikes. Couple of things that worry me. Carbon stays? Good/bad idea on a MTB? Forks are Rockshox SID XC, recently rebuilt. About 4 years old. Have things moved on so much that these forks are a waste of time? He's got a Hope disc brake for the back, just not fitted at the moment. Front mech likewise.

Bear in mind I'm an old man, no pretensions of racing, but would enjoy some cross country rides with friends at weekends.

Whadda you think? Thanks.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
That's a good deal.

I have a couple of friends with FS full carbon framed Scotts that ride them off large rocks and ride various other stunts.

I'm not a huge fan of it, but I think I'd do it for this bike. Price is right, and a FS rig on dirt will drive a crossover roadie crazy. ;)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Its got all the good gear on it. If you go check it out make sure to look for any scratches on the carbon stays. Any scratches that are more than superficial could result in a failure down the track. Its all LX/XT stuff, good Rock Shox, disc brakes. Id offer him 350P. Show him a stack of cash and he'll take it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts