Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have it...where did you mount it? I had mine on the exhaust hanger. I haven't noticed any difference once the exhaust gets hot. ..I was told not to mount (if not a piggyback type) Nitro Reservoir close to heat. Just wondering if the hydraulic preload adjuster might have the same issue (be effected by heat). :idunno:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I had mine mounted on the exhaust side initially, but switched it over to the other side. I used one of the passenger peg bolt holes to mount it to.
I don't think the heat messes with it at all, but with nothing on the other side, I decided to switch it just for kicks, and ended up thinking it looked cleaner over there anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
My 929's is mounted on the side opposite the exhaust, in one of the passenger peg bracket spots. HondaGal put her 954's in the same spot, but used another metal bracket to move it out a bit. It looked like it might have hit her hugger. Just watch for clearance with the hugger.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
My 929's is mounted on the side opposite the exhaust, in one of the passenger peg bracket spots. HondaGal put her 954's in the same spot, but used another metal bracket to move it out a bit. It looked like it might have hit her hugger. Just watch for clearance with the hugger.
:wstupid:

Did the same thing on my 929.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Left side here...same as Nedro, BDA, and HG2.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HondaGalToo said:
It looked like it might have hit her hugger. Just watch for clearance with the hugger.
Yeah it looked close. I was kinda worried about that.

What about it getting dirty? Seems like it would get chain goo slung all over it after awhile....the chain gaurd only does so much.

If you guys don't think there any issue with heat building up the hydraulic pressure (in effect, increasing the preload) I'll just stick it back on the pipe side. One less bolt...less wieght. :smilebig:

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
148 Posts
On the street bike, inside the undertray, right in front of the battery/ecu. Kept it clean and out of the way.

Mounted on the exhaust hanger on the race bike.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I mounted it between the subframe spars on the left side of the bike. It's tucked away from danger but easily adjusted.

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BillAce said:
Mine is exactly like HondaGals, except I originally didn't space it out and did rip the rear fender off my bike.
:crap: that sucks!

I'm going to stick with the lighter exhaust hanger option. My can is Ti so it's not super hot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts