Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys/Gals,

I'm moving to TN at the end of the month. I have been told by UHaul that we can put my bike in the truck, but all the fluids have to be drained. This is a real pain in the ASS, but we are getting a great deal from them.

It is easy to run the tank dry, but my question is would it be okay to drain the oil, and then replace it when we get TN without having to replace the oil filter? I would hate to do that, since the filter I have now it new. I almost forgot I have another question, how do I drain the coolant?

Thanks for the help. ;)

JBird

·
Registered
705 Posts
Are they going to be around when you load/unload it? If not, I wouldn't worry about draining anything except maybe the gas. Why are they asking you to do this? Last U-haul truck/trailer I saw had metal floors, any spills would be easily cleaned up. :idunno:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I helped my brother move from Boston to Cleveland and we had a Penske truck. I got some screw in eyelet bolts and screwed it into the wood floor worked great.

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
slowpoke said:
Are they going to be around when you load/unload it? If not, I wouldn't worry about draining anything except maybe the gas. Why are they asking you to do this? Last U-haul truck/trailer I saw had metal floors, any spills would be easily cleaned up. :idunno:
They do not allow you to keep gas in anything due to the potential fire hazard it creates. Thats what the Atlantic brochure told me when we moved from Florida.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The gas i would do for safty :thumb:
I havnt really heard of of self combustable oil and coolent when transporting a bike. :eek: So i really wouldnt bother with that crap. I bet as long as you show the tank empty they wont check the other things. :eyebrows:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
slowpoke said:
Obviously have had liability issues in the past. But for the slim chance that something would go horribly wrong (like a wreck) I would gamble on this one - like he said, somewhat of a PITA. :idunno:

disclaimer: In no way am I encouraging JBird to take my advice as this is something only I would try and I know that no other responsible forum members would attempt this and therefore I wouldn't condone this action from anyone else and that is the truth and I really wouldn't want anyone else to get into trouble because of this opinion, and that is the truth. Now give tigerblade a coupla bucks, cause the dollar thingie ain't cuttin' it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts