Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SInce i've gone through my second V2 windscreen ( cleanly snapped off at the same place 2 times with no pressure what so ever), the store i bought it from is offering to upgrade my windscreen for another one.

My choice is either the zero gravity double bubble, or the MRA windscreen.

I've never heard of MRA. anyone have their double bubble windscreen?? hows the durability??, strength, tint colour ( grey tint like the V2, or slight brownish tint like the zero gravity)?? styling??

and if you do have it can you post some pics of one on a 929??

thanx

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it.

The rep was teeling me that they are pretty much indestructable and can take a beating.

I hope the smoke tint is darker than the pictures, and i'll have to see the screen personally to see if i like the bead around the rim of the windscreen.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I had a MRA screen on my 929 and Now have one on my 954.

I feel that is a great quality screen and have not had a problem with either one.
I personally like the beading as it looks like a moulded edge (like the original screen), I feel the screens look cheap when it is just a cut edge like most screens tend to be.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yeah same here like Ratt said
Good quality and had no probs what so ever, that includes a head on with a kamakazi pigeon
Good tint too
Can't go wrong

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have one on my 929 and the quality is awesome. I bought mine here in Germany and it didn't come with a bead as part of the screen. Maybe it's something new, mine is a couple years old now. Mine did come with a rubber pcs you could install on the edge though.

Have you checked out their website? - http://www.mra.de/willkommen.htm

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
red929 said:
I have one on my 929 and the quality is awesome. I bought mine here in Germany and it didn't come with a bead as part of the screen. Maybe it's something new, mine is a couple years old now. Mine did come with a rubber pcs you could install on the edge though.

Have you checked out their website? - http://www.mra.de/willkommen.htm
That looks saweet on the 929.

I think that made my decision just a little more clear.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Any comments on the Zero Gravity? After exchange rate of the other one, ZG seems to be much cheaper. I noticed after the posts that it does not have a rubber or "finished" edge, but does that provide any performance advantage?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i for one have noticed how much thicker the zero gravity is than the v2. The only thing i don't like is the tint ( brown tinge to it).

·
Registered
16 Posts
The ZG is acrylic vs the OEM is polycarbonate (Lexan). Polycarbonate is generally stronger an less likely to crack or break than acrylic. Google on plastics for more in depth. One disadvantage of Acrylic is that the sharp edge and any shards from a crash will tend to cut you. My OEM Lexan survived a direct hit from a stoppie-caused endo without cracking and with only minor scratches.

·
Registered
14 Posts
SInce i've gone through my second V2 windscreen ( cleanly snapped off at the same place 2 times with no pressure what so ever), the store i bought it from is offering to upgrade my windscreen for another one.

My choice is either the zero gravity double bubble, or the MRA windscreen.

I've never heard of MRA. anyone have their double bubble windscreen?? hows the durability??, strength, tint colour ( grey tint like the V2, or slight brownish tint like the zero gravity)?? styling??

and if you do have it can you post some pics of one on a 929??

thanx
YA ihave a double bubble its good i like it especially with my 06 fireblade red cause the front black windscreen makes the front of the bike look 2 tone black front red body. Wear is excellent no problems but if you order black it looks grey not black to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts