Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure that's what I saw on "Inside Motorcycling" presented by Parts Unlimited on Spike TV this Saturday. Has this been discussed?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Holy crap that's expensive. That's almost as much as a VFR!!!!!

Never could figure out why us viffer heads pay so much for those pigs... :idunno: :huh:

I guess we can't have 10k superbikes forever.... :crap:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Holeshot said:
Holy crap that's expensive. That's almost as much as a VFR!!!!!
Never could figure out why us viffer heads pay so much for those pigs... :idunno: :huh:
Because they have the proper engine configuration for motorcycle... :nod:
:smilebig:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
you all should have known that was coming - look at the price of the 600

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
the 954 was 10,600... Anything under $11,000 is fair game for the 1000RR in my opinion...

·
Registered
887 Posts
for once, I gotta agree with Charlie on this one.....if MSRP on the 600RR was $8599 and '03 954s were $10,599, then you just gotta believe the 1000RR was gonna be more expensive....just the way these things work I suppose :idunno:

who would've thunk it that the Kwak would be the most expensive new bike at $10,999???! interesting to say the least....

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Look what you get for that sub-11k price. Compare the prices of sportbikes to cruisers, then compare the engineering/technology of the two classes. Which group is really expensive? :deal:

·
Registered
103 Posts
The 1000RR includes a steering damper, which would otherwise cost $300-$500.

And from what I hear, the Kawi has twitchy steering, and needs a damper, making the total cost that much more.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Oh please stop :crying: ...........

The 1000rr will cost: 205000 Norwegian Kroner which equals 30432 U.S $ when it is released here in Norway.. :huh: Now THAT is expensive!!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Lets see

$1,100 for rear Ohlins
$2,200 for Ohlins forks
$1,000 for Arata
$1,000 for painted bodywork
$500 for rearsets
$350 for D208GP-As + new rear ($200) for each trackday

$6,000 plus

Who cares about another $1K for the bike???

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jay said:
And now the bluebook of $6500+ wont seem so bad against it.
Hell dealer cost is going to be about 10k alone.

no way.

Look what you get for that sub-11k price. Compare the prices of sportbikes to cruisers, then compare the engineering/technology of the two classes. Which group is really expensive?
that is so true. they pay for all of "our" R&D.

·
Registered
692 Posts
RRWANTR said:
How do salaries compare though??? :huh:
The price of a new 1000rr is in the area of the average annual income in Norway.. The average income was 237000NOK / 35186 U.S. $ before taxes(gross?? is that the right term to use?) in year 2k. Don't think they are much different this year..

What is the average income in the U.S.A?

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
There is no 'official price' on American Honda's website yet.
The price you pay for a bike in Norway is crazy.

The United States median household income was $42,409 in 2002. That figure is before taxes - gross is the appropriate term.

That doesn't mean that is the average salary, because that figure is 'household', which could contain more than one salary.

OK - average salary among year-round workers is $34,282. Men have a higher average, women lower.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Fire929blade said:
The price of a new 1000rr is in the area of the average annual income in Norway.. The average income was 237000NOK / 35186 U.S. $ before taxes(gross?? is that the right term to use?) in year 2k. Don't think they are much different this year..

What is the average income in the U.S.A?
Holy moly...I think I'd be riding a bicycle instead..... :crying:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts