Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so my CBR954RR has a MIG high-mount exhaust (came with the bike). It sounds great, but the resin on the carbon fiber is starting to come undone. I'm wondering if it's possible to take off the muffler and use the high mount midpipe and attach it to a new muffler. Possibly a hindle, or canister in comparable length and exhaust note.. you think it can be done?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Sure it can.
Was there some reason you thought it might be difficult?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not particularly. I like the exhaust but I'm thinking it'd be a hassle to get it all redone, so that's why a new exhaust muffler would be the best way. I'd keep my midpipe, and the only thing to change would be the muffler. Any other pipe manufacturer ideas???

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Is it a slip-on or bolt-on?
If it's a bolt-on any muffler with the same bolt pattern should fit fine.
If it's a slip-on you just need to check the new muffler has the same size flange or make a new flange to fit the existing pipe.
You could also simply re-skin your existing muffler.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at it last night and it's a two-piece midpipe and muffler setup. The muffler connects to the midpipe via slip on flange. I'd like to keep the pipe but how much do you think it'd cost to re-skin a muffler with carbon fiber? I don't even know anyone who could do that.lol

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
It's just a sleeve.
Just drill out the rivets, remove the endcap and slide the old sleeve off and a new one on.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
If you contact MIG they should be able to send you a new sleeve.
Otherwise any other muffler manufacturer should have one that fits.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe so, but I look at Devil's exhausts and they seem really similar in pipe length. The only thing that looks different is the muffler bracket. Anyone have opinions on Devil?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Has anyone tried yoshi headers from a 929 on a 954? Please help with a reply as the sale is on hold thank u

Not a fan of Yosh but I can't see any reason they wouldn't be the same for the 929 and 954.
I have a 954 Akra system on my 929.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts