Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming from Down Under i have no idea where in the states this is but youtube brings up a lot of footage of blokes laying them down on the same corner.....
Has anyone ridden it ?? Is the corner really that difficult to get around cranked over ?? Seems like a good road otherwise, not unlike our own Oxley Hwy/Gingers Creek run......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkalHQ6eRVw&feature=fvsr

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
That turn is the hairpin at the top of the snake, it's a great road, that turn is not really a dificult one but you do need to aproach it at the right speed and making adjustments in the middle of it is a task, I've never layed it down on that turn my self but I have gone into the dirt running it wide, thats the last turn as you come into the turn out/look out point, so you are carring all the momentum of the climb and the fact that you have an audience allot of people tend to go in hot.

·
Registered
216 Posts
From the sounds of the video, it appears to be a throttle application error on corner exit in this case. Rolling into the throttle on longer faster corners is an entirely different thing than a tight little number like this one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mulholland Hwy is in Malibu about 15 miles west of Los Angeles. It is in the Santa Monica Mountains overlooking the Pacific Ocean. "Mulholland" is not considered by bikers as just one road, in itself it’s over 30 miles of sportbike heaven on earth. You think that turn is interesting at "the top of the snake", there are several hundreds surrounding it. That corner is popular since there's room for crowds to gather and watch. And NO COPS!!! No way can you patrol over 100 miles of twisty canyon roads and every oncomming motorcyclist letting you know a cop is around the corner.
If God rides a Fireblade he created Mulholland Hwy!
There are over 100 miles of adjoining twisty roads leading off Mulholland, you’ll never go over the same piece of pavement twice during your dizzying sportbike adventure…Jeezus Christ, I’m getting a hard-on just thinking about it. I’m taking the day off this week go there and get a knee down.

-Marc

·
Registered
502 Posts
Coming from Down Under i have no idea where in the states this is but youtube brings up a lot of footage of blokes laying them down on the same corner.....
Has anyone ridden it ?? Is the corner really that difficult to get around cranked over ?? Seems like a good road otherwise, not unlike our own Oxley Hwy/Gingers Creek run......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkalHQ6eRVw&feature=fvsr
There are much better riding areas than that road to the North, South and East. Overlooking that hairpin is where the cops like to hang out and observe. Too many squids riding that road like a race track, running wide into the oncoming lane, running out of talent and crashing, etc... The draw for me there is The Rock Store at the beginning of that road. You never know what hardware is going to come rolling in. Jay Leno frequents it as well and he usually is riding something very cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts