Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at the gym the other day...and i overheard somebody talking about how they just installed to powercommanders on their zx10r...the said there was a big performance increase over just using 1 powercommander...has anybody done this with their fireblade?

·
Registered
18 Posts
That person was a fool, if you ever see him at the gym again, stair step over and slap him.

while you're at it, punch his family too.

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
ask him to show you.

sounds about like a kid that came up to me talking about how bad ass a F1 motocycle looked.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Ask him to explain how he has two hooked into the same ports on the wiring harness and the ECM. after he gives you the BS answer proceed with Stranger's suggestion!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Naaa, just tell all the girls at the gym he's a gay; and then laugh at him with them every time he walks by...

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
he said that you plug one into the other and then into the bike

You understand, of course, that the PC unit takes the function of the fuel-mixture control from the ECU for itself, and adding the same commands to the injectors a second time (if this was even possible, as it is not [the PC has no ECU "input" connector]) would have no practical effect other than to slow down the function, and thereby interfere with timing, as the plug would fire before the fuel-air mixture even got into the cylinder...What a moron. It aint like hooking up more of a good thing makes for double power...The guy was just trying to show off...We have all done it, but I hope with a better understanding of the basic principles involved...This guy obviously thought more was better...

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Perhaps he meant he has the powercommander with the ignition timing thinking that meant there were two, or perhaps he has the PCIII and the speed shifter. There is a chance he was just saying something wrong but I think he was blowing smoke

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guy's new here and first post.Not trying to start a mess but i belive in last months performance bikes magazine there was an article on a 1000rr with 2 power commanders.The bike was tuned up with all bolt on mod's and pretty sure 2 pc's dont think it gave much detail either.Maybe they have an online article about it.:idunno:

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Hey guy's new here and first post.Not trying to start a mess but i belive in last months performance bikes magazine there was an article on a 1000rr with 2 power commanders.The bike was tuned up with all bolt on mod's and pretty sure 2 pc's dont think it gave much detail either.Maybe they have an online article about it.:idunno:
Not picking on the poster, picking on the idiot who said the comment at the gym.

I have no frame of reference for the 2-PC story, But like the man said: I'm from Missouri...Ya gotta show me. As I understand the hardware, it makes no sense. There are a few different products that can be installed from the Dynojet Company, but to install more than 1 PC makes no sense. There is a quick-shifter item, a timing item, and a fuel delivery item (that last being the traditional PC), but to lump them all as PowerCommanders is to confuse the issue.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Oh my God!!!! I could smell that before I turned my computer on... it... it... it smells like :bs:. I've been in the fuel injector/fuel system manufacturing field for 25 years and I can tell you... IT AIN'T HAPPENING!!!!
That's about the equivalent of saying, "If I connect my PC to another PC, I'll be able to type twice as fast:rotfl: :rotfl: ..........

Excuse me, I just had to pick myself up off the floor.... Aw crap, now I gotta go change cause I just pissed myself from laughing so hard:rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
258 Posts
isn't there like a pc3 and a pc wide band type thingy that you can use both at the same time and I believe they connect to each other?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts