Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all !

this is my first post
i have been lurking around for quite awhile but havent found anything specific on the full system from Muzzy .
just wanna know if it works allright and if anyone has it that could share information .
its really cheap(541$) so i was getting worried it might be crap
hindle is another piece ive been looking for but the cheapest i can find is 695 that could be sent to sweden .

Thanks

-Martin

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I don't know about Muzzy's, but I know the Hindle is a great pipe (I have a full high mount). Just bolt up and ride.

The Muzzy may be fine but they're just not usually associated with Honda's so it's hard to find info.

For me I would go with the proven pipe. :thumb:

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have a Muzzy on my Suzuki - and the build quality and fit is good - not a bad product. Not as good as the Akropovic I had on my 1000R, though.

Like was said, Muzzy isn't usually associated with Honda. Your best bang for the buck is probably Hindle from what I've heard.

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
:welcome: i think i would stay away from the hindle. you could alwasy be the guinea pig though

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
:welcome: i think i would stay away from the hindle. you could alwasy be the guinea pig though

why would you stay away from the hindle? its been proven by many here to be a good set of pipes for the 929.

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
I'm Sorry my mind was thinking one thing and my hands did something different. i was thinking that the muzzy was minly used on zuks. i meant to type muzzy in my last post.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have not had any experiance with the Muzzy and its not that it is particularily suited to any particular brand of motorcycle, its the 4 into 1 design which is potenially good for peak power at higher rpm but wont give as broad a spread of power as the 4-2-1 design which is these days industry standard.

Akrapovic used to do a 4 into 1 for the 929 but switched to the 4-2-1 design from then on.

As I mentioned the 4-1 design come into its own at higher rpm! 04-06 R1's come with a 4-1 standard (although with exup) and you will see many MotoGP bikes utilise this design, but all these bikes rev considerably higher than the 929 and the MotoGP bikes have such an abundance of power that they have to limit them in the first 4 gears anyway so they can come off the turns without doing a Gary McCoy :eek:

Having said all that the Muzzy still may not be a bad thing, and may possibly produce ok peak power figures but most likely at the expense of some bottom end and midrange compared to the more popular exhausts on the market.

How about you do some R&D for the team, get the Muzzy and a good map and let us know what kind of results you get?? :thumb:

·
Registered
998 Posts
Second thoughts Id just pay a little more and get the Hindle which is known to be a good performer, it will get you with a couple of HP of the best exhausts on the market and will perform well throughout the rev range! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Second thoughts Id just pay a little more and get the Hindle which is known to be a good performer, it will get you with a couple of HP of the best exhausts on the market and will perform well throughout the rev range! :D
Thus you noticed my little dilema :eyebrows:
i just want a good performer .but if it varies say 3hp between them on average id go for the muzzy since the 150$ differance matters for me,
but aparently even thou its priced in the lower region not manny ppl seem to have tried it .i thought they were only for kawwas anyways .
Thanks also for explaining the differance betwwen 4-1 and 4-2-1 system . makes me confident to get a 4-1 to get that top-end kick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts