Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 00 929 yesterday and been at it since. the previous owner told me he had drove it about 60 miles and it just stopped. I dont have power to fuel pump (fuel pump works tested), i dont get spark and the injectors dont fire , I have tested power going to ecu and the grounds per the service manuel and it all good. the diode in the ignition is bad, because when i turn on the pink wire dont get power. Now this is where i am at. What voltage range should be on this wire i have made a voltage divider circuit to limit the voltage to about 9 volts based on my research. but i still dont get anything. If i turn the kill switch on the FI light is on with the red light next to the neutral switch light. if i turn the kill switch off the red light goes out and a few second later the FI light goes out. I have tried to pull codes or anything but same if i jump connectors or if i dont. any help is appreciated the harness has been hacked n cut also by previous owner and it has a Power commander III if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i cant get ignition out because of bolts but does the ecu need a certain voltage / current wat is the purpose of the diode can i bypass is to see if i need a ecu or not

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
ok i cant get ignition out because of bolts but does the ecu need a certain voltage / current wat is the purpose of the diode can i bypass is to see if i need a ecu or not

Take the upper clamp off with the ignition still attached.
The diode is to stop people hot-wiring the bike.
I _think_ it's possible to put a 9-volt battery in the circuit to bypass it...maybe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take the upper clamp off with the ignition still attached.
The diode is to stop people hot-wiring the bike.
I _think_ it's possible to put a 9-volt battery in the circuit to bypass it...maybe.
Ok so the upper tree clamp then ... Is there a way forsure to know if ecu/cdi works ... u mentioned 9volt battery works I made a voltage divider circuit that put out about 8.3 volts should that of worked

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok issue resolved ... for future reference towards fixing the ignition, just unsolder the diode and replace with a 2.2k resistor mine started right up.. thanks for your guys support

1 - 6 of 6 Posts