Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just bought about $2500 in upgrades for my cbr. I wanted to know what you guys think and if there is anything else I should get. Here is the list

2008-2009 Honda CBR 1000RR Akrapovic Racing Full Exhaust System with Hex Canister - Titanium

2008-2009 Honda CBR 1000RR Galfer Stainless Steel Front Brake Lines - Black

Power Commander V and autotune (I was told that even though there were made for the 09 model they will work for 08). Has anybody heard different about that?

Hotbodies Undertail Kit

BMC air filter

Fender Eliminator kit

Frame Sliders

Gear Indicator

Solo seat Cowl

Bazzaz Z Bomb Timing Retard Calibrator Plug

and Finally Galfer Stainless steel brake lines

Thats all the uprades I have bought for now. What are some other things that I should look to get. Also anyone know when the velocity stacks are coming out?

·
Registered
824 Posts
all very good choices...great exhaust! i have the same brake lines and ther are great! did u get the GP or superbike? and when you install the hotbodies undertail DON NOT CUT ANYTHING LIKE THE DIRECTIONS SAY....it will slide in place of the old OEM undertail and clip together with the plastic piece that screws into the battery tray...just take your time...dont cut...make sure it is wedged in between the rubber around the outside of the rear cowl and it will be nice and sturdy just like OEM...i hear all these people with problems with the hotbodies kit and i have none of them because i DIDNT follow the directions :) also use the stock wiring harness for all your lights and it will make the install of electronics nice and easy..just make sure you label all your wires so you know what is left and right before you cut it and splice wires..if u have any questions just PM me and id be glad to help...zbomb is the best bang for the buck...PCV will work fine with 08...mine does! what fender elim kit are you talking about?? the hotbodies one? they are both the same thing...hope you didnt buy 2 eliminator kits?!?! sounds like you made some good decisions...i did pretty much the same thing performance wise except i went the cheap route for the exhaust and got the FMF but i am very happy with the power increase along with the IRC and PCV...feels like a completely diff bike...

dont get velocity stacks...most of the time they end up killing the mid range for a 1/2 hp up top...its not worth it...on older bikes they provide better improvements but im betting on the 08 they arnt worth it....

·
Registered
824 Posts
you could also change your gearing...even if you just get a -1 front sprocket, like i did, you will definately feel the difference and it wont lower your top end too much either...plus...its only about a $25 upgrade which is just about the best $25 you can spend :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha ya man i got a $25000 career starter loan.

Ya man thanks for the advice. I already thought about getting a gear change. I am still waiting to put them all on my bike. Saturday cant get here fast enough lol. Ill post the difference on here after I get them put on.

·
Registered
824 Posts
you should see a real nice boost with that full exhaust and the PCV...do you have a dyno of right now before the mods so you can compare afterwards? That would be nice!!!! Im guessin you should be at least to 160-165 to the rear wheel after the PCV, z bomb and full akra....your gonna fly!! get the 15t front sprocket...there is a guy on ebay that sells the new JT 333.15(part num for our bikes) for real cheap...i got mine for under $20! its a nice little boost...worth every dollar

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all very good choices...great exhaust! i have the same brake lines and ther are great! did u get the GP or superbike? and when you install the hotbodies undertail DON NOT CUT ANYTHING LIKE THE DIRECTIONS SAY....it will slide in place of the old OEM undertail and clip together with the plastic piece that screws into the battery tray...just take your time...dont cut...make sure it is wedged in between the rubber around the outside of the rear cowl and it will be nice and sturdy just like OEM...i hear all these people with problems with the hotbodies kit and i have none of them because i DIDNT follow the directions :) also use the stock wiring harness for all your lights and it will make the install of electronics nice and easy..just make sure you label all your wires so you know what is left and right before you cut it and splice wires..if u have any questions just PM me and id be glad to help...zbomb is the best bang for the buck...PCV will work fine with 08...mine does! what fender elim kit are you talking about?? the hotbodies one? they are both the same thing...hope you didnt buy 2 eliminator kits?!?! sounds like you made some good decisions...i did pretty much the same thing performance wise except i went the cheap route for the exhaust and got the FMF but i am very happy with the power increase along with the IRC and PCV...feels like a completely diff bike...

dont get velocity stacks...most of the time they end up killing the mid range for a 1/2 hp up top...its not worth it...on older bikes they provide better improvements but im betting on the 08 they arnt worth it....
hey man im putting on all the upgrades tomorrow so I def might hit you up to help me with the hotbodies undertail kit

·
Registered
1 Posts
You've just done what I want to do this month and some, can I pick your brains. Going to put full Yoshi pipe and PC v I'm told there is now an autotune and not very clear on the O2 eliminator that needs to be fitted. Do you still use the original O2 sensor in the yoshi pipe. any advice to avoid mistakes very welcome.
Thanks Trev.

·
Registered
824 Posts
no...you have to use the DJ 02 sensor...but the yoshi pipe might have a bung already in it that i MIGHT be able to use...there isnt a standard for 02 bung sizes so it might not fit...in that case you have to have one welded in

·
Registered
824 Posts
hey man im putting on all the upgrades tomorrow so I def might hit you up to help me with the hotbodies undertail kit

Ya ib be glad to help man! the directions that come with it are HORRIBLE...and mine looks sweet and is solid as a rock...and ive heard people that hate it because it isnt solid...so just let me know..if u want pm me and il give u my # and u can call with any questions..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.