Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 1000RR to dyno this morning (along with 1000 km service). Here' the background: the same dyno gave my old bone-stock 954 137.8 RWHP and gave to a bone-stock (just after break-in like my 1000RR) GSX-R1000 a couple of days ago 153.5 RWHP. The dyno (manufactured by Fuchs) is in a cooled room so temparature stays pretty much constant and numbers are DIN-corrected.

My results:
RWHP: 159.1 (@10777 rpm)
Torque: 11,8 kgm

The number sounds somewhat high (dyno calibration issue), but I'm pretty pleased how it compares to my old 954 and the gix from a couple of days ago. The bike is currently in shop receiving Moriwaki Race full system and PCIII USB. I'll have it dynoed with Dynojet Moriwaki map on monday and after that we'll build a custom map. I'll post all the graphs/results next week as soon as I have them scanned.

Local bike magazine (named "Bike") had dynoed two different 1000RR's back to back in same dyno and there was 7 RWHP difference between them so there appears to be quite much varinance between individual bikes.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Nice results :thumb: will be good to see how it goes after you install your exhaust and PC3, by the way how were the three different bikes run in? and how manys K's on each of them? this could possibly be a significant part of the difference!

·
Registered
94 Posts
tnarinen said:
Took my 1000RR to dyno this morning (along with 1000 km service). Here' the background: the same dyno gave my old bone-stock 954 137.8 RWHP and gave to a bone-stock (just after break-in like my 1000RR) GSX-R1000 a couple of days ago 153.5 RWHP. The dyno (manufactured by Fuchs) is in a cooled room so temparature stays pretty much constant and numbers are DIN-corrected.

My results:
RWHP: 159.1 (@10777 rpm)
Torque: 11,8 kgm
VeryVeryNice!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Did you use BikeWorld dyno in Vantaa?
I bet your bike would have had over 160 rwhp with some more kms in it.

Keep us posted how the mods work.

I have 3000kms in my 1000RR.

I´ll do the dynorun in a near future too.

At the moment, I´m just riding it :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jungleboy said:
Nice results :thumb: will be good to see how it goes after you install your exhaust and PC3, by the way how were the three different bikes run in? and how manys K's on each of them? this could possibly be a significant part of the difference!
Speaking of run ins.. I hope you guys are running them in hard? Because you only get about 100 kms or so to get the job done...Only start the bike if you warm it fully and complete Nice gradual full throttle runs in second or third 2500-4000,2500-6000 e.t.c (Approx) and dont forget to let it run back down the revs with the throttle shut..(cleans & lubes cyl walls) The machining tollerances are very fine compared with some years ago, And you get little cross hatch in the bore to scub in the rings. You need to get as much of the ring "shaping" done on your first couple of rides and then change the oil a.s.a.p? If you take it easy and dont bed in the rings before the bores polish, then you will be likely to get blowby and oil contamination and worse; oil will be drawn passed the rings into combustion chamber. And one more thing.. dont let it lug down too low in the revs as this can cause "chatter" But after that its all wide turns and wheelspin :D and speaking of chatter, I think i've chattered on long enough for this post... :thumb:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vma said:
Did you use BikeWorld dyno in Vantaa?
Yep.

vma said:
I bet your bike would have had over 160 rwhp with some more kms in it.
I certainly hope so as I now have Moriwaki Full System installed :p , currently running Akra Full system euro map with it. I'll be back in BW dyno on monday evening to test the output with the current map and fine-tune the mapping to find those last remaining ponies. I'll post the results early next week.

As for run-in, I was pretty anal about it (let the engine heat up to running temp, some pretty hard accelerations, avoided extended running on constant throttle for first 500 km) and I would consider that I used pretty hard run-in. The bike had less than 40 km on the clock when I first took her over 8000 rpm and after the acceleration I usually let it run it down with throttle closed. As I gathered more kilometers towards the end of the break-in the harder accelerations I used.

·
Registered
925 Posts
THe Sato folks got 155HP out of a stocker a month ago. Apparently, they are pretty plugged up via the exhaust, Im hearing a full race system/PC3/map should give it over 10HP

·
Registered
48 Posts
Trackho said:
THe Sato folks got 155HP out of a stocker a month ago. Apparently, they are pretty plugged up via the exhaust, Im hearing a full race system/PC3/map should give it over 10HP
not to mention weight savings

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I noticed the 10pound weight saving on my 954 when I got the hindle........................

made my wallet a lot lighter

;)

·
Registered
593 Posts
ratter said:
I noticed the 10pound weight saving on my 954 when I got the hindle........................

made my wallet a lot lighter

;)
hahaha yeah that's right. If you want to lose weight for a road bike go to the gym!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just came back from dynoing/mapping my bike. Bad news is that they had some problem in the Dyno (there was an explanation but I'm not sure if understood all of it) and it was basically only good the measuring power, not creating custom maps (for anything else than 100% throttle or something).

Moriwaki Pipe with Akrapovic Euro map (with some minor adjustments that could be made) gave something like 4 horses more over the stock run from last week. It was way hotter now (it was 0 celsius outside when the stock run was made last week, not it was like +15 celsius) so apparently the results are not very comparable (contrary to what I thought last week, so the cold outside temperature contributed to the high numbers I got last week). Peak horsepower had moved up to 11300 rpm and and there was practically no fading between peak-power and redline like in stock which is nice for track use. Due to difficulties the dyno operator didn't charge anything and even offered to work some more after they get the problems with the dyno sorted.

I may end up taking the bike to one of race-engine builders we have here to be mapped, as it now appears that my changes of getting comparable before and after dynos are now pretty much gone (as if they ever existed due to base run being made on different day)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
That sounds funny about the mapping. If they can only map 100% throttle, it SOUNDS like they don't have a brake on the dyno. Is that right?
Anyway, get a custom map done, then take it back to those guys for the run. It'll be pretty close if it's sae corrected. (as in a comparison)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
vma said:
Sorry to hear that you had problems with the dyno. :crap:

How did the pipe sound? Loud? :evilaugh:
It's not very loud in low revs, louder and throatier than stock naturally, but when you open up it really sings. The crappy weather we're having is keeping me from having a decent test-ride :mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts