Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I tried to do the exact same thing a while ago with no luck.

I threw that notion out the window once i rode an RC, It blew my mind how a bike so popular could be such a slug.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
fusion929rr : It blew my mind how a bike so popular could be such a slug.
It blows my mind how many people can't ride worth a flip and blame the bike instead of themselves.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
SuperDave : I was wondering when that reply would take flight.    

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I think people assume that the high pitch scream of an inline means your going faster, or quicker.

How could a thump, whump, be so deep, and fast!?

it is.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Pete : It blows my mind how many people can't ride worth a flip and blame the bike instead of themselves.
Until they make a 265lb CBR1100 with 185rwhp, what the hell are we supposed to blame...?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
SuperDave : So, it's not a slug?
it weights more, yea.  it has similar decked out hp numbers to a stock 929.  so I guess its fat and down on the hp....but I like it!  plus i feel the RC can handle much better then i could have on the rr.  seems much more solid, might be the weight...but its a feeling that I like very much.

further more, its like looking at a pear and an apple saying thats ones better then the other, because this or that. they are just plain different.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Twins are sneaky-fast, that's all there is too it. I still get shocked when I look down and see tripple-digits with little fanfare. It just sneaks up on ya.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The rc is a good handling bike, no doubt about it.  But it can't accelerate like a liter class inline four.  In fact motorcyclist's 1/4 mile time for the RC was 10.97 @ 128mph.
 The time motorcyclist had down for the GSX-R600 was 10.69 @ 126.6 mph.  

If i spent the $ for a 1000cc bike(not to mention the insurance), it had damn well better accelerate harder than a 600.

The rc i test drove was a complete pooch around town, had i taken through twisties, i might like it a bit better. But i'm a pure street rider.  i doubt if any motorcycle i own is going to
touch a track.  

So i still say the RC is a slug compared to my 929(not to mention 50 lbs heavier).

Oh yeah, Pete..... #### you.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
fusion929rr :   The rc i test drove was a complete pooch around town, had i taken through twisties, i might like it a bit better. But i'm a pure street rider.  i doubt if any motorcycle i own is going to
touch a track.  

My apologies. You're right, where the RC51 is concerned, it is far from being the best stoplight to stoplight racer. Then again, a dropped and stretched Busa or 12R would be a much better alternative to your 929, considering your obvious taste for that type of riding.

Quote Oh yeah, Pete..... #### you.

I'm struggling with how you misspelled the word 'thank' so that the word censor thing bleeped it out?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts