Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my dealer today to talk about 600RR pricing and happened to see my Pseudo-Erion 929 sitting back in the showroom. He said the guy traded it in on a 4 wheeler for his kid. Anyway, it has definately seen better days. :( Looked weathered from being parked outside. Had a D&D slip-on on it, and some minor cracks/marks in various locations.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
You gonna buy it back and fix it up?

Too bad she got beat up. I'm always afraid to let my vehicles go for fear of the next owner not taking care of them. My 929 still sits at the dealership. If I had the cash I'd buy it back from them just so nobody else got their dirty hands on her

·
Registered
692 Posts
ConqSoft said:
I went to my dealer today to talk about 600RR pricing and happened to my my Pseudo-Erion 929 sitting back in the showroom. He said the guy traded it in on a 4 wheeler for his kid. Anyway, it has definately seen better days. :( Looked weathered from being parked outside. Had a D&D slip-on on it, and some minor cracks/marks in various locations.
Must have been a sad thing to see.. :crying: !

It is always fun to meet people who have bought bikes/cars from you that appreciate what they bought and take care of it the way they are supposed to.

Buy it back and fix it, if it's not too expensive.. :cool:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
a little HONDA Cleaner / Polish can fix anything. What's the seat heigth on the 929s?

oops, I forgot. she (the SO) would never go for that. old memories and all. sorry. that was not a good idea.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
That must've hurt...we know how well you take care of your toys.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
What a coincidence, my 929 is back at my dealer too, but it's been there since not long after I traded it in December of '02. Some chick bought it for her boyfriend. When she found out that he was a deadbeat with a criminal record, she ditched him and brought the bike back on consignment. She gotten "taken to the bank" when she bought it, with added accessories like a helmet, jacket, etc., and a 4 year warranty, all put on her tab. She owes about $8.5K on it, and "only wants what she has in it" (her words).

It's about time for me to give her my monthly phone call, see if she's ready to take a loss to get out from under it. I still miss that bike.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I am tempted to say something about some of the bikes I have sold, but then it would lead into a l-o-n-g tale. I just wish the bikes had gone to other way, way off in some other part of Cdn. This also includes my Observed Trials bikes that owners claimed were not as fast as MX irons or MX irons that were lousy bikes for up in the hills riding, etc., etc.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
ConqSoft said:
I went to my dealer today to talk about 600RR pricing and happened to see my Pseudo-Erion 929 sitting back in the showroom. He said the guy traded it in on a 4 wheeler for his kid. Anyway, it has definately seen better days. :( Looked weathered from being parked outside. Had a D&D slip-on on it, and some minor cracks/marks in various locations.
:crap: that was such an awesome and flawless bike when you had it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
mine (2000 r/w 929) is still still sitting at the dealer 17 months after i traded it in. i think they want ~8k for it (gave me 6.3k). i think it had around 28k miles and was only in average condition. there is a very clean 2000 r/w 929 that sits right next to it (and has been there longer) with only 9.2k miles. they want $9.5k for that one. :lame: they will never learn around here... :nono:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts