Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, so my bike started shuttering and shuddering in the low revs today while riding it's never happened before. I checked the FPR and it seems fine and not dripping my fuel primer is also working perfectly anyone have any answers seems to have used quite abit more fuel today as well. She's only got 27k on the clock and hasn't been abused. I'm very confused I'm not even sure where to go next after this. Anyone got an idea to help me?

· Premium Member
414 Posts
Could be blocked injectors, unlikely to be fuel supply as its ok at higher rpm and loads- right? Did you run the tank low recently? Quickest way to diagnose it is to take it to a rolling road and get a reading on the mixture strength ( from exhaust analysis) at the rpm and load in question. If you don't yet have a power commander on it,it's never too late.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I

Could be blocked injectors, unlikely to be fuel supply as its ok at higher rpm and loads- right? Did you run the tank low recently? Quickest way to diagnose it is to take it to a rolling road and get a reading on the mixture strength ( from exhaust analysis) at the rpm and load in question. If you don't yet have a power commander on it,it's never too late.
Its the first time it's happened and yeah I did run the tank quite low, fuel light came on when it happened. I'll clean the injectors this weekend and see if it helps did a oil and filter change and it seems to be happier now. I don't have a power commander on her,I've kept her quite stock. What's your recommendation on PC's? Got a tried and tested make and model?

· Premium Member
414 Posts
I

Its the first time it's happened and yeah I did run the tank quite low, fuel light came on when it happened. I'll clean the injectors this weekend and see if it helps did a oil and filter change and it seems to be happier now. I don't have a power commander on her,I've kept her quite stock. What's your recommendation on PC's? Got a tried and tested make and model?
what I use is a Dynojet PC3. which is from 2002, and still going strong, which says enough about it. It also fixes the somewhat troubled low-rpm fuelling on the 929 standard model. You might be able to get a second-hand one, should be fine. I also use the same laptop I always used to mess around with the fuelling myself, but that's a personal choice - some folks just leave everything to the set-up guys and never change it. And nothing wrong with that, if it does the job.

· Registered
89 Posts
A few other things to try also, spark plugs - very obvious but often overlooked, and while you are in there it's perfect time to do a compression test. Bit more involved after that is valve clearances, don't know if you have had them checked at the service interval (around 16k) but if not they could be too tight, compression test results should give a hint if they are. If you are lucky, it could just be bad fuel or a fouled up plug, those iridium tips don't like to churn on the starter too much before firing up, hopefully it is the easier of options. I was very unlucky a couple of years ago and had a damaged valve that got worse gradually, sputtering at junctions but okay on the open road, valve had slight deformation at the valve seat, had to take the head off and replace the valve but I doubt very much you will have an issue like that, my bike is generally ridden hard so it does have a hard time but oil and filter is changed every 1000 miles road riding (a lot less if doing any tracks) and it never gets thrashed until up to temperature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts