Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone this is my first post. Thought I would break the ice and post a pic of my latest ride. I have wanted a CBR900 ever since a friend of mine bought one in 94. I was just out of high school and was riding a 82 GS550. There was no way I could come up with the cash to buy one so I just drooled over his. I have owned plenty other motorcycles since then. 92 93 cbr600, 06 zx-10r, 04 RC51(worse decision I ever made was to sell that bike will have another one some day), 06 Hayabusa. Some how though I never purchased a CBR900.

So recently do to financial problems I had to sell my 06 Hayabusa. So I started looking for a decent ride to enjoy until times get better for me and my family. Was searching on craigslist and realized that the prices on CBR900's had dropped do to the economy. So I thought here is my chance to own the bike I had wanted so badly all those years ago and some how had never owned one. After a week of searching I finally found the one. It was only 37 miles from my house. The guy wanted $4200 but I talked him down to $3500. The bike only had 7700 miles on it and was listed with a slip on exhaust. To my surprize when I went to look at the bike it had a full stainless Micron exhaust, jetted and dyno tuned. The bike was in almost show room condition. All it needed was new tires. Ok enough typing here are the pics.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It had been sitting in the guys garage since 2005. Luckily he stored it properly. However it did have a light build up of dirt and dust. I clay barred, waxed, and used a liquid detailer on it to get looking good again.

As far as enjoying the bike you are absolutely right. I had forgot how much fun a light weight bike with good but not overwhelming power could be. Compared to my Busa the CBR900 just feels raw and exciting to ride. I love the feel of the carberatures compared to the fuel injection. I had bought it just to have something to ride until I could get a new liter bike. Now I am planning on keeping it in my garage next to my liter bike for years to come.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the pics are from my phone so they kind of suck. My camera got trashed when I was on 500 mile return trip last year. Rode through a 2 hour thunderstorm and forgot it was in my pocket.:crap: .

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome Blade!! In mint condition as you say. Keep her clean:thumb:
Thanks. She stays very clean. I give her a detail after every ride. Right now she is waiting in the garage for her new BT-016 shoes and a new set of clutch springs. They are in the mail. I have changed all of her fluids and given her a clean bill of health. Hope to own and ride her well into the 100,000 mile range.:cycle:

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Thanks. She stays very clean. I give her a detail after every ride. Right now she is waiting in the garage for her new BT-016 shoes and a new set of clutch springs. They are in the mail. I have changed all of her fluids and given her a clean bill of health. Hope to own and ride her well into the 100,000 mile range.:cycle:
Yeah man:thumb: There's just been a thread, a guy with his Blade, he's upto 93k now:eek: Just changed a stator and the usual changes of fluids,tyres,pads etc and the bike's just as good as new!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts