Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I bought this blade with 6,900 miles last september! not too long ago I ordered a set of injection molded 'perfect fit' fairings from motofansclub on ebay for my fireblade. I received them and procrastinated installing them for about 4 months until I crashed my 954 and broke my foot/shoulder. So with nothing to do sitting at home on disability I finally began the process. While I didn't take photos of the fairing swap all of my plastics lined up 100% with holes in the correct locations. I only had to drill a couple holes out due to paint filling them. While the fairings are not perfect I am very happy with them. I believe I paid just over 500 shipped. Im currently pulling off the rim tape to switch it to green and am looking for a lost package of foot pegs :idunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I completely heatshielded the side fairings with quality fiberglass 800f resistant. I still have to drill out the bottom three holes in the side fairings the plastic rivets don't lock 100% due to snuggness. Also im pretty sure I bent my midpipe as I crashed on that side and my new(used) micron exhaust bracket doesn't fit.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
very nice :thumb: it looks like a European spin in the Castrol scheme... I like it :cool:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Looks good, I like it, has an "Italian" look about it.. Amazing what $500 can do for the looks.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
yeah not bad looking. definitely different but i like it. its good to get an idea about which supplier has good fitting kits being ill be buying one soon myself after my recent get-off. thanks for the info. hope we both heal up soon!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Thank you for the heads-up on at least one well-fitting aftermarket set! Now it's time for you to get the tank painted to match =P The only thing bad about having a "real" tank, i.e. being metal and not a plastic cover, is that you have to actually paint it if you switch colours rather than just switch the cover out...

·
Registered
260 Posts
+1 on RR's comment. I'd be going powder coat crazy on those rims. Either red or white or white with red or green flake! Damn I think I'm buying a set now. Good looking blade. Heel fast

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
+1 on RR's comment. I'd be going powder coat crazy on those rims. Either red or white or white with red or green flake! Damn I think I'm buying a set now. Good looking blade. Heel fast
Or a red front and a green rear...:thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's an update. I did think about Red and Green but I had already ordered kawi green rim tape. I cannot find the package of foot pegs i misplaced (mine are mismatched after replacing broken rearset) so i will be reordering them :rotfl:. Also need some new seat covers(custom made on ebay) as my rear is torn from the accident and comfort all around sucks. Will probably mod gel into both of them. Oh also I gotta use the girlfriends hair dryer to remove those yoshimura stickers from my ol exhaust which bent like a pringles can

Attachments

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Thanks for the info - currently looking for a set of fairings for mine (though looking for an OEM style paint scheme - I actually really like the black/red stock colours...), so I'll see what they have.

I take it the heat shield stuff was not supplied?

Thanks,

z...

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
can i ask where you got the rim tape or a link would be even better. its wider than most rim tape ive seen

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Thanks for the info - currently looking for a set of fairings for mine (though looking for an OEM style paint scheme - I actually really like the black/red stock colours...), so I'll see what they have.

I take it the heat shield stuff was not supplied?

Thanks,

z...
they do have the oem schemes and it says they use double thick heat shielding on their ebay adds

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The rim tape is from ebay its called extra wide rim tape. Its real sexy. The supplied heatshield looks like crap(plus its a very small piece)and i've seen reports on 600rr forums about burned heatshield and melted fairings. My 954 runs hot as hell, most people only heatshield the lower section but I did 100% of my side fairings to be safe. I used a "fiberglass heatshield" rated for 800f you can also find on ebay like 10 bucks per ''strip'' from the usa. I used 3 to do both side fairings 100% with 3/4 a piece to spare.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Basically from research this is what I learned from 600rr forum guys and r6 people. If you buy aftermarket fairings make sure they're abs injection molded plastic. Which means oem style mounts. If you get the cheaper compression molded ones the tabs are glued on and shittily made in general. Auctmarts, neverland, and motofanclubs are the biggest vendors. All sell on dhgate,ebay,and their own sites. I'd stick with ebay/dhgate. Also you can get custom colors. I asked them to send me a picture of my fairings before mailing them for my approval. This is the image they sent me on ebay

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts