Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
okay heres the deal i have a 2005 1000rr and well it's leaking oil. I know where its leaking from but i dont understand how it happened.

inside the right side engine cover there is a dent in the case that caused a pencil eraser crack that while running seeps oil.

so i pulled the right side engine cover to take a better look at it and well theres a divot and well i cant figure out why.

i looked over all the teeth and pulled the clutch pack out and well it all looks like normal wear and tear. does anyone have pictures of the stock clutch basket? there is 2 open spaces and well the basket is rough and not a machined finish ill post pics asap

does anyone have pics of a stock clutch basket

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all the pics i can find theres no gaps but i know my luck isnt good enough for a little ding and no other damage i went over everthing there is no other damage i havent dranied the oil yet but it there are pieces that big in there im gunna have to drop the pan :crap:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah, definitely. But you dont really have to worry about that...ive replaced the pan on my bike, and its verrry easy to do. Can you tell by looking at it whether that spot was made from the inside or not??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was def made from the inside i just found a microphice that shows it without the spaces i got a feeling this is going to get real ugly and expensive.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah...sounds kinda like the clutch basket came apart on ya. You should be able to find a used one reasonably cheap on ebay or something. But you may want to look into whatever caused that...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts