Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just got back from doing a dyno run at the shop...I couldnt believe the number concidering i have a generic map running.She put down 150.14 hp /72.25 ftlbs they said she has a bad hesitation at 3k and could benefit from a custom tune but im still happy with the numbers

·
Registered
554 Posts
Those are some VERY respectable numbers. A custom tune would definitely help, especially in the midrange. You have a nice curve there, but a good tuner can make the angle alot steeper, boosting your midrange. You will lose a few horsies at peak hp but the bike will be alot faster. Midrange is what slams your butt against the tail section when you hammer down:eyebrows:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of mods do you have on your bike? Those are some nice numbers your bike put down. Congrats :clap:
thanks...I have the usual mods: pair valve ,flapper tuck,k&n,power commander,brisk plugs,hass eliminator,harris exhaust, repsol syth and the mori map on from the power commander site

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are some VERY respectable numbers. A custom tune would definitely help, especially in the midrange. You have a nice curve there, but a good tuner can make the angle alot steeper, boosting your midrange. You will lose a few horsies at peak hp but the bike will be alot faster. Midrange is what slams your butt against the tail section when you hammer down:eyebrows:
As soon as i get some dough Im gonna get it mapped out.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The custom map was the most notable mod I did to my bike. It brought back a lot of midrange that I lost with the aftermarket pipe and air cleaner. That being said, you may have gotten really lucky with the downloaded map. If your bike is very similar to the one they mapped, you save a few hundred bucks.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The custom map was the most notable mod I did to my bike. It brought back a lot of midrange that I lost with the aftermarket pipe and air cleaner. That being said, you may have gotten really lucky with the downloaded map. If your bike is very similar to the one they mapped, you save a few hundred bucks.
this was the 4th map I tried and this one made my bike come alive.Im still gonna get a custom map Im just not in a rush.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts