Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike (CBR954RR, black-red) was stolen today. I hate these MF's who just take away what they want without paying for it. I wanted to go on a ride this weekend, Palomar Mountain. Keep your eyes open and bikes in a safe place.
murat

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
muratd said:
My bike (CBR954RR, black-red) was stolen today. I hate these MF's who just take away what they want without paying for it. I wanted to go on a ride this weekend, Palomar Mountain. Keep your eyes open and bikes in a safe place.
murat
Sorry to hear some asshole stole your baby.

Hope they catch the fuckers :beatup:

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. My wifes (which I had just bought) got stolen last year. Fortunately, it was recovered in 11 days, and very servicable. 2 pieces of shite were arrested, and got about 2.5 real years (that's including 1/2 time) and 1 caught $1400 restitution (for damage).

What I did:

If residential, make up flyers for a reward. (You can either use your personal info, or the LEO contact) Personally hand out, and post everywhere within 5 miles from location. If you're an HRCA member, they offer $1000 dollars reward for stolen vehicle recovery (free). Money is a great motivator for people to come forward with info (and for the less desirable contingent, it buys a lot of dope). I offered $500 (on the Kawi) and got results.

Hit the dealers and specialty shops with the flyers also (even the HD shops)- These guys don't like thieves either.

Keep an eye on the local salvage yards, and give them the flyers w/ engine and frame numbers.

If you have any site stickers (i.e. Fireblades.org, etc.) stickers on your bike, don't post your intentions or any info on that site.

Find out which Detective is handling your case, speak to him, and let him know your intentions, or what you've done. Trust me, this is worth it.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Scout said:
I know exactly how you feel. My wifes (which I had just bought) got stolen last year. Fortunately, it was recovered in 11 days, and very servicable. 2 pieces of shite were arrested, and got about 2.5 real years (that's including 1/2 time) and 1 caught $1400 restitution (for damage).

What I did:

If residential, make up flyers for a reward. (You can either use your personal info, or the LEO contact) Personally hand out, and post everywhere within 5 miles from location. If you're an HRCA member, they offer $1000 dollars reward for stolen vehicle recovery (free). Money is a great motivator for people to come forward with info (and for the less desirable contingent, it buys a lot of dope). I offered $500 (on the Kawi) and got results.

Hit the dealers and specialty shops with the flyers also (even the HD shops)- These guys don't like thieves either.

Keep an eye on the local salvage yards, and give them the flyers w/ engine and frame numbers.

If you have any site stickers (i.e. Fireblades.org, etc.) stickers on your bike, don't post your intentions or any info on that site.

Find out which Detective is handling your case, speak to him, and let him know your intentions, or what you've done. Trust me, this is worth it.

Good Luck!!
Congrats on your success and thanks for getting the maggots of the street

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Good luck muratd. Thieves are truly the scum of the earth! :thumbd:

TGZ, I can't believe you've fallen into the "+1" crowd. Your post whore license had subsequently been revoked. :mad:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
muratd said:
murat
Sorry to hear that. That sucks. :rant:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Bacchus said:
muratd,

I used to own a house with a real garage, now I rent a townhouse with only a carport. If you're on a first floor, you might consider what I'm currently doing - sorta radical, but hey, can't hurt (unless the landlord finds out)...
got a better one than that. back in college a friend of mine knew some kid on his floor that just bought a bike but it wasn't registered and you can't have an unregistered vehicle on school property so he brought it in the elevator up to his room. he coulda just bought a cover and they wouldn't have known but he did it the cool way. coulda got in a lot of trouble but still cool.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanx for all your advise! I was at home for a late lunch and had parked the bike right in front of my garage door! And it had the kryptonite evo lock on it. There are skid marks from the tire on the concrete floor. I guess they dragged it into a van. Funny thing, my neigbor accross is actually a police officer and he is very nice.
Yeah, I will keep an eye on ebay but I think it is in a chop shop or Tijuana (sp?).
M

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Bacchus said:
muratd,

I used to own a house with a real garage, now I rent a townhouse with only a carport. If you're on a first floor, you might consider what I'm currently doing - sorta radical, but hey, can't hurt (unless the landlord finds out)...
Nice dinette set Bacchus. I see you got that thing on "life support". :eyebrows:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Bacchus said:
muratd,

Bac,
Did you drain your tank? If not,do so it will fume you out and is mucho peligroso.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
muratd said:
Thanx for all your advise! I was at home for a late lunch and had parked the bike right in front of my garage door! And it had the kryptonite evo lock on it. There are skid marks from the tire on the concrete floor. I guess they dragged it into a van. Funny thing, my neigbor accross is actually a police officer and he is very nice.
Yeah, I will keep an eye on ebay but I think it is in a chop shop or Tijuana (sp?).
M
Darn maybe the neighbor can help some, I am sure he doesn't want that to happen anywhere but especially in his neighborhood.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I understand that San Diego is sport bike theft capitol of California. Being so close to the border and all. Not that I am advicating it but I am surprised there aren't a lot of bike thief traps set up by bikers. There is more than enough wilderness in the area to dispose of the bodies. :eyebrows:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
rocket said:
Bac,
Did you drain your tank? If not,do so it will fume you out and is mucho peligroso.
It's been there for a week now, and so far I haven't noticed any gas smell at all. :idunno: I'll be riding it throughout the winter, so draining the tank is out of the question. But thanks for the heads-up, I will keep my nose a'twitching.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
muratd said:
murat
Sorry to hear that muratd. I hope they find her soon and that those thieves get whats coming to them.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts