Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k i was able to sucker my wife into letting me upgrade my bike:rotfl:.I was going to buy some new plastic but theres nothing wrong with the ones on it now. so i have a choice of chroming everything or powdercoating the frame/swingarm black it would cost about $1,700 to chrome but just not sure what i want or what it would really look like i have a 01 929RR i do want chrome rims i do know that much. any suggestions. your ideas will be great and when it is done i will post up pics hoping to get it to shop fri. ps. i have a 2000 dollar limit i

·
Registered
117 Posts
Powdercoating would be nice, but a lot of work to take everything apart. I'm sure you know already, but look at the Arion (spelling) addition with black powdercoated frame. Chrome...I'm not a fan of. I say do what YOU like! Good luck!

·
Registered
95 Posts
2k is alot of $$ to put strictly into cosmetics. The list of performance upgrades for that amount of cash is large. Sure you want to just have pretty rims or a swingarm?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it don't have to be just cosmetics, any thing just so much you can do to a bike w/that amount there. just not sure which way to go.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
The only people that put that much money into chrome are those that own gixxers...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well what other engine mods can be done i have a power comander plus a sneaky pete 30 shot hooked up thanks to silverbullet on here, and i don't want to be down for to long. i would like to where i can be a part of both worlds. That is the ones that put the ball to wall and the ones that go for just looks. I don't want to get to excited and then it looks to blingy but then agian i want a suttle touch of both power and looks i know to much and it looks like crap not enough and it looks like crap.but the longer i wait the more of a chance she might just change her mind.

PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE EVEN PICS I CAN BE A COPYCAT (NOT PREFERABLY THOUGH)

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Have you put some exhaust on it yet? You could also get some aftermarket rearsets, levers, braided brake lines...

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Stabilizer, HIDs, shorty levers, stubby mirrors? Sick exhaust by the way, I just cut my two bros pipe down to 10 in. hope to hear it this weekend.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
that was a erion i cut down i have the 12k ultra violet hid all three which will blind a bat in the daylight.i am looking at stabilizers on ebay right now i have braided brake lines which i haven't put on yet and looking at levers also but 200 is alot for levers i think lol

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Do you have access to a shop? You can buy stock ones and do some work on those, powdercoat them or whatever and they'll look really nice.

I wish I could have 2k to spend on parts, lucky you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
the only thing i have access to is my 150 psi air compressor and air tools the ovens you see in the back i was going to try powder coating but i think it would be easier to let some one else do it. If i screw it's on me if they screw up it's on them. I did a lot of [email protected]$ kissing an IT WASN'T EASY.:evilaugh:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Powdercoat isn't that much bother to get done, not that expensive either. If I had that kind of money I'd be looking at a complete suspension rework; probably the best investment on an older bike, in my opinion.
Too much chrome looks over the top I think; OK (I suppose) on stretched Hayabusa's. But we are Honda owners, we have a certain reserve and class! But don't forget; each to their own, it's whatever does it for you that counts.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya that was a thought, i was thinking stock colors and design but have the graphics on it gosted w/just a very slight touch of pearl i didn't want to go to fancy with a paint job to where i would be realy noticable it's bad enough just going to store. people stop and try to talk to ya all the time after a while that gets old not that it's a bad thing tho.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
have you every had it to where you know extacly what you want but when you get the chance you get a brain fart and forget so you spend days trying to figure it out. Well thats where i'm at it's been a week and so i finally decided to ask on here.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If I had that kind of money I'd be looking at a complete suspension rework; probably the best investment on an older bike, in my opinion.
Too much chrome looks over the top I think; OK (I suppose) on stretched Hayabusa's. But we are Honda owners, we have a certain reserve and class! But don't forget; each to their own, it's whatever does it for you that counts.
:plus1: on the suspension. Chroming the wheels will add some (unsprung) weight, too..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts