Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These were used in a memorial for Mark at his funeral.  The first is him when he was about 5 or 6.  The second was taken 12-24-2000...us doing what we did best - play video games.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
At first I wasn't gonna look at the pics, 'cause I just thought I'd get too emotional all over again. But I had to, and I'm glad I did. He looks like a really good person, and I guess all I can say is that I'm glad you could spend what time with him that you were able. Hope you are doing well, considering. Thanks for posting the pics. RIP bro.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well put, Bacchus.  ER - thanks for posting the pics.  Internet discussion forums can be a little distant... especially in instances like this, but posting those pics really brings the human element into play, here.

Words can't even describe how much sympathy I feel for you and your family right now, and I don't think my words would even do justice to the situation.  Stay strong.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a tough time looking at them but I wanted everyone to get a chance to see who he was. I'll post better pictures as they're given to me.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BizJetGuy : Words can't even describe how much sympathy I feel for you and your family right now, and I don't think my words would even do justice to the situation.  Stay strong.
I appreciate the well wishes. It's important to me that everyone understands that I'm not after attention and what-not and I'm not feeling sorry for myself. I just want people to get to see who he was.

·
Registered
595 Posts
ER : Quote (BizJetGuy @ July 28 2003, 2:13pm)Words can't even describe how much sympathy I feel for you and your family right now, and I don't think my words would even do justice to the situation.  Stay strong.
I appreciate the well wishes.  It's important to me that everyone understands that I'm not after attention and what-not and I'm not feeling sorry for myself.  I just want people to get to see who he was.
We know it's not about getting attention. This is how we celebrate the life of someone we loved. You'll always remember the good times you had together. You guys must have been tight. Take care bro.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
ER - Thanks for reminding us all of the importance of cherishing every minute of every day with those we love. Nothing could be more important. Best wishes to you and your family.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
ER, he looks like a pretty buff guy. An athlete perhaps? And you may have mentioned his age, but is he the younger brother?

Good looking guy. You are, I'm sure, quite proud of him.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Thank you for sharing, Eric.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry...Mark is on the right in the second picture. He was my younger brother - 23 years old a month and a half ago. He really was a good kid.

I'll post better and more current pictures of him when my mom sends them to me. His memorial contained about 120 pictures, many of which I had never seen. The most current photo we have of him was of he and his girlfriend, sitting on his Harley. I'll try and get a copy of that.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I was at church Sunday for a Christening. I'm the godfather of my freinds son. For some reason I was thinking of your story and stopped and said a prayer with my daughter in my arms. I just thought about how lucky I am to still have a brother. I hope things are getting better for you and your family. Your photos remind me of how important my own family is to me.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
It's not easy going on without a family member physically present but you'll never forget the good times. Keep those memories in mind always and continue to enjoy the things you enjoyed together. Continue riding and be thinking of him the entire ride. I'm going to try to play golf tomorrow for the first time since my dad past away. We played weekly together up until February. It's not going to be easy but a little bit of him will be with me on every hole. I feel your pain and wish your family the best.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
tigerblade : Quote (Chain @ July 28 2003, 1:36pm)ER, he looks like a pretty buff guy. An athlete perhaps?
Eric is the one on the left.  I sure wouldn't want to see him angry.  
Oh sh*t. I think I just called ER a 'good looking guy' in my previous post.

I'm sure that makes me

J/K of course Eric, trying to introduce a little bit of levity to a saddening situation. Keep your chin up, you've got alot of good friends and family around you...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's the most recent photo we have of Mark (6/22/2003) -- he and his girlfriend getting ready to take a ride:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts