Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy that spent $28,000 for his number 102 Honda Rune, laid it down today. He was stopped by park rangers on Bouquet Canyon due to tree/shrub clearance. The rangers had the whole lane blocked off and were directing traffic onto the single lane. The idea was to radio ahead to the ranger at the other traffic break to say close off your end and I will let my end pass. Well, the ranger cleared my buddy to go, and the ranger at the other end cleared his stopped cages to go. Yes, it was at the same time! Bouquet Canyon has lots of blind corners, so the pickup truck and my buddy were on a collision course. All of a sudden they saw each other and slammed on the brakes!! My buddy went over the embankment and dropped his Rune. He scratched his fender, exhaust cover ($450), and broke a foot peg. The ranger felt really bad and offered to pay for all damages. I don't think he realized how much Rune parts cost. My buddy didn't get hurt, but is really pissed off. I smell a law suit.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Wow...that sucks bigtime. He should have it inspected at the dealer for any possible hidden damages.

Blue? I thought they only came in one color?!

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
So is it .............Runed?

sorry

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CBRVFR : So is it .............Runed?

sorry
Na, just a little bruised. It comes in other colors like black and maroon (which he has). Time to break out in a twisted chorus of Blue moon, 'Maroon rune, I saw you standing alone'. I estimate about $1500 to $2000 damage.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I would freak on that ranger... That canyon is bad enough as a two lane road. Your buddy is a very lucky man.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Glad your buddy i sOK.

hope the ranger owns his own home. Coz he's gonna need to take out a mortgage...

z...

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
ULEWZ : I smell a law suit.
WTF? He IS getting that fat piece of   fixed for free. Does he have some some of medical expenses because of the accident or is he suing because he needed to clean his undies? Freakin' Looser!

·
Registered
548 Posts
nedro : Quote (ULEWZ @ Nov. 13 2003, 7:34pm)I smell a law suit.
WTF? He IS getting that fat piece of   fixed for free. Does he have some some of medical expenses because of the accident or is he suing because he needed to clean his undies? Freakin' Looser!
Looser than what?

Seriously though. The Rune is one gay motorbike. What kind of loser would buy one of those god awful ugly things, and for almost thirty grand no less.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nedro : Quote (ULEWZ @ Nov. 13 2003, 7:34pm)I smell a law suit.
Sorry to disagree with your very smell-egantly put point, but he is not sueing, just wants to get his bike fixed. If the Rangers don't pony up, then he is within his right to take this to court. I hate lawyers as does he, but sometimes they are a necessary evil. Have a great day!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CBRjack : Seriously though. The Rune is one gay motorbike. What kind of loser would buy one of those god awful ugly things, and for almost thirty grand no less.
Jack, you don't know Jack! Jealousy rears it's ugly head again. I will answer for you to save you some time:
I'm not jealous, I just would'nt spend that kind of money on a cruiser.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts