Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took back my deposit back over a month ago since our company just got sold (don't know what is going to happen to the jobs yet). Salesman calls me today to let me know they have a red one sitting on the floor. I told him I still want to buy but I'm not going to get raped just to get it first. I asked how much, he said $11.6k + freight/setup and TTL. :rotfl: I couldn't hold it back, I was laughing on the phone. I should have asked if it cooked eggs like the R1 does. :rolleyes: Well, maybe this summer when the price drops, I don't think I'd buy it for anymore than $10.9k OTD. Maybe next year :smilebig:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
freq said:
and this guy is your friend, right? ;)
No. Got a connect but he said to wait, he can't do crap right now. NO sweat, I've got another overweight/underpowered bike to ride in the interim :D

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I could get you a better price with no freight/setup dealer BS charges (charges that Honda America say shouldn't be added anyway) at any time.

·
Registered
887 Posts
me three....I agree with the Booth-meister...not gonna get bent over just to have the first one...no sirs, not me....hell, the local Honda dealers here in Raleigh don't even have one yet and the fart-knockers don't even know when they're getting one....ol QuikMike will wait until at least the fall/winter of this year when the price drops.... :evilaugh:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Good call to wait. My local dealer has his up for sale at $11,500. I didn't even waste my breath...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I think you'll benefit from waiting anyway, since the more time these bikes are on the street the more you can get a feel for how they really run and compare with one another.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
QuikMike said:
me three....I agree with the Booth-meister...not gonna get bent over just to have the first one...no sirs, not me....hell, the local Honda dealers here in Raleigh don't even have one yet and the fart-knockers don't even know when they're getting one....ol QuikMike will wait until at least the fall/winter of this year when the price drops.... :evilaugh:
They have one at Ron Ayers... sitting next to theZX-10... Nice bike BTW (the ZX-10) The CBR didn't really grab my attention.

·
Registered
91 Posts
BDA116 said:
I could get you a better price with no freight/setup dealer BS charges (charges that Honda America say shouldn't be added anyway) at any time.
please elaborate. I have a check, and one of two dealers will be getting it by this weekend. BTW, My dealer in PA is giving it to me for less than $10500. :D and the one here should be right at that. :thumb:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I would, but my pal sold both RRs he ordered already.
Yes, I said both. They don't do a whole lot of street business, but move loads of dirt machines a month.

·
Registered
91 Posts
sorry should have been more specific. I ment this part. :thumb:

BDA116 said:
(charges that Honda America say shouldn't be added anyway) at any time.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I was planning all along to wait for the 05 model. I figured Honda needed time to work out any kinks they may find with the first batch.

Plus there maybe new colors!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
ER said:
I think you'll benefit from waiting anyway, since the more time these bikes are on the street the more you can get a feel for how they really run and compare with one another.
And get all the recalls out of the way!!!

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
soniccbr said:
sorry should have been more specific. I ment this part. :thumb:
Oh, right then.
The dealer closest to me has always added freight and setup charges, as many dealers do.
However, the dealership that gets all my Honda business - and has helped my racing efforts in the past - has never charged freight and setup fees.
One time when I was down shooting the breeze, the Honda rep came by. I asked him myself about the charges, and he said that Honda dealers are not supposed to add those, and even showed me a copy of the letter he sends all of his dealers at the beginning of every year. The sale price is to include the dealer setting up the bike as well as the cost of getting it there. The charges are basically just gravy, and he said that he has to remind certain dealers all the time not to do it, but it doesn't seem to do any good.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Remember, you can always go to Cycle Cost and buy the invoice information for whatever bike you want to purchase. They will give you the exact costs (and potential dealer rebates) associated with each make and model, including any setup fees. 99% of the time a dealer tacks on extra costs, they're doing so simply to pad profits.

As an example, a 2001 929 costed the dealer $8299. That means that the dealer could have sold the bike for that price and broke even. The actual cost of the bike to the dealer was around $8k, but you did have to factor in several hundred dollars to get the bike there, assembled, on the floor, and ready to ride. So, when you thought you were getting a good deal for one at $9000 plus $500 in extra fees, you were really paying them $1200+ in profits.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Guys i'd pay 11,600bucks no problaem for the new blade if i could get my hands on one,the price that we will be paying in ireland is around 14,500 euros.
rgds
Frank.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts