Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are a couple of the roads I ride back and forth to work every day:

I took the really long way home last night to enjoy some really fine twisties, and snapped this pic at a favorite little coffee shop:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bwhip : I'm jealous! That looks terrific. You're daily commute? You gotta be kidding!
In all seriousness, that's the route I ride to work every day. There is a freeway alternate but I'd rather ride the additional 10 miles, and have the level of traffic you see above.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Nice, mines a friggin 10 lane freeway with a million people on it trying to run me over. Oh wait a minut, its actualy closed down to 2 lanes because the (#^%R&#@^ Cal Trans is always working during rush hour!?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Ewww!  Latrobe Road.  I crashed there.  My only crash and it was because of large lumps in the road in the middle of turns with no steering dampers.  I ride slowly if I am forced to go on that road now and my steering damper is cranked down.

I hate that road. It hurt my baby.

-Shrub

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WetShrub : Ewww!  Latrobe Road.  I crashed there.  My only crash and it was because of large lumps in the road in the middle of turns with no steering dampers.  I ride slowly if I am forced to go on that road now and my steering damper is cranked down.

I hate that road.  It hurt my baby.

-Shrub
I think I know the corner you're talking about, Shrub. You have to be really careful about your line. The 'easy' line will loft you in the air in mid-corner, but if you take a wide line it's fine.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
If there were a road like that to my workplace I would ride to work everyday. In the last year a mall and three huge apartment complexes have opened on my six-mile ride to work.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
That reminds me some of the area around Shenandoah, VA...

Very nice road, you are lucky to have such a commute!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Awesome!

My commute is now 1.5 miles on my bicycle through urban sprawl. It is so nice to not commute anymore, 2 hours a day of my life back!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts