Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man this seat is hard. Does it ever soften? It does sit me higher and farther back in the saddle. I like to sit close to the tank. It is a little wider, so does give my arse plenty of space to sit on. I have only riden with it twice so far. If I can't get used to it, it will be up for sale.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
It's supposed to break in to your shape after about 2500 miles. Keep riding if you are that patient. It is harder but gives a larger supporting surface.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I have a Corbin on my VFR...have about 11k miles on that seat. It doesn't get softer but it will become a bit more 'formed' to you. That should hopefully make it more comfortable for you.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Got any pics?  How does if feel in the twisties?  Any difficulties shifting from side to side.....that's why I like the stock seat.  Yeah it really sucks for the street but works well for me on the track.

Rode a 03 gixxer 1k and that seat was super soft compared to the CBRs.  It felt really nice, but almost most too soft.  I didn't push my friends new 1k so I really don't know if the super soft seat would hurt you shifting around?  I had a corbin on my old 6r and really liked the firm saddle feel but it was a little harder to get off the seat.

·
Registered
85 Posts
read my thread in the product reviews. i hated the corbin at first and i wanted to sell it... now i cant ride without it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i think eveyone is surprised when they first sit on a corbin....it's definately not the 'garden of eden' i had expected. btw my girlfriend loves the corbin passenger saddle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts