Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks for the positive comments.

I tried it on ebay a couple of weeks ago but it didn't sell. I am undecided if I want to sell it tbh as I carn't fault the ride but fancy something urban tiger. My options now as no one wanted to pay what I advertised it at is to sell all my painted parts and buy another set to paint Urban Tiger, at the same time I would switch to a fox eye.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how much i sould put my tank and fairings up for? Or should I sell it all individually? I realise it is not everyones cup of tea but the top fairing must be worth good money as an undamaged genuine honda part?

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Tire Wheel Building Automotive tire Wood

Well I still have this SC28, I think I have had it 11 years this year. In preparation for this summer I just about to change the fork seals again, I didn't ride it last summer as the RH one was leaking slightly. So I have found the old can of fork oil so I know what to buy.
Liquid Bottle Sports equipment Fluid Automotive tire

So I thought I would dig out the Haynes joke book to see what quantity I needed.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

It does not say in the specification section what grade or quantity is required despite in the fork seal chapter referencing the specification section!
Any idea how much I need to buy? 1 litre or 2 litres?

· Registered
3,619 Posts
I would say its in the service manual somewhere, but the 94 uses 509cc per, but the better way to is to measure the air gap at 110mm from the upper fluid level to the top of the fork tube. You can get a syringe and a bit of soft fish tank type hose and fix that to something rigid with a mark at 110mm. Dip it in and suck up the fluid until no more comes out. Then you have 110mm.

· Registered
3,619 Posts
Its like some kind of cruel joke that they package fork oil capacity at just barely not enough to do both forks with one bottle! lol Honestly, I usually just hold onto a little of the old oil to top off the extra few ml needed.

Reactions: Philsford
41 - 46 of 46 Posts