Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously hadn't posted in awhile. Sold my 929 a few months ago to save up for a big downpayment on my new ride. It came in today..

Attachments

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Well, let me be the first to call you a cockhole.............er, I mean congratulate you.
Booth beat you by a couple days to be the first, but you picked the color I would have if I were in the market.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First impressions? I just put a hundred miles on it so I don't have much to say power wise. I did pop it above 6 for a bit and the bike is pretty much a different animal at that point. The radiator is friggen huge, there is no trunk (as everyone has stated). On/Off throttle is pretty bad, but I think it is because it needs to be adjusted to my liking. Hydraulic clutch is great, the adjustability knob is fantastic. The seating is good, but I can't tell if it is better than the 929.
It seems like a great bike. I just need to reverse the shifting with a set of rearsets and I will be ready for my MAY 16th track day.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not want anything with a Wing on it. They REALLY need to re-think this graphic design.
Black really was the only choice. This leaves me a fairly simple way to repaint or get new track plastic without having to involve a wing into something.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HondaGalToo said:
Nice!! :thumb: Good to see you posting again, how've you been?
I've been focusing on my little girls and school. I found myself spending too much time on this site and not enough time doing important life things.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Dude, (cue the cheesy love music)

We've always had the same taste in vehicles, having both had a 929 and the GTI. Good to see you're still alive and kicking man.

Really cute kid too, glad to see she didn't take after her old man. :D

Keep the sunny side up.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Very nice! :thumb: How did you get a black one...I thought only the red/black were shipping? Can you post a larger pic?

Welcome back, btw! :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Red Rider said:
Very nice! :thumb: How did you get a black one...I thought only the red/black were shipping? Can you post a larger pic?

Welcome back, btw! :D
I guess it depends on the dealer. Two blacks showed up on Friday. A friend of mine had first choice on black but out of the kindness of his heart, he passed it over to me.
Thanks Emillio :)

I only had the camera phone with me, my wife had the real camera. Won't have any big pictures till Monday. Here is the rearend for now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! I would choose the black one myself.

Hmmm.... A black 1000RR sitting next to the Blackbird would add that nice monochrome touch to the garage. :smilebig:

Sheesh..... This is going to be a tough spring. :banghead:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I pulled the pillion pegs off today, you'll lose the black exhaust guard when you do this. And be very careful with the tail light connector if you decide to pull the rear cowl, it's very tight. The rear cowl is kind of a bitch to get on and off, just be careful. Enjoy the new ride, it looks good :thumb:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts