Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

this is my very first bike just got it 3 days ago. Its a 1988 Honda CBR250RR (i only assume RR cause its got RR in big letters on the side) it has 20,000km's and couple minor issues. Its a bike i would like to keep for a period of time and return to original condition. However I dont know much about their history and if anyone knows much about them or has anything they think i should know would be appreciated. Im looking at getting some small things and trying to work on it myself if i feel gutsy or stupid enough but i keep seeing the models CBR250R MC13 or MC22 so is there any difference and can anyone tell me how to tell what model it is specifically? sory if this is the wrong area to put it but im kinda excited and i do apologize for the atrocity of the person sitting on it.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
hey guys,

this is my very first bike just got it 3 days ago. Its a 1988 Honda CBR250RR (i only assume RR cause its got RR in big letters on the side) it has 20,000km's and couple minor issues. Its a bike i would like to keep for a period of time and return to original condition. However I dont know much about their history and if anyone knows much about them or has anything they think i should know would be appreciated. Im looking at getting some small things and trying to work on it myself if i feel gutsy or stupid enough but i keep seeing the models CBR250R MC13 or MC22 so is there any difference and can anyone tell me how to tell what model it is specifically? sory if this is the wrong area to put it but im kinda excited and i do apologize for the atrocity of the person sitting on it.

Cheers
Probably a decent start point for info.
Honda CBR250 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There are forums around for them as well, like this one.
CBR250.com

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Looks like a fun bike; be sure to wear safety gear and enjoy. Oh sorry I have zero insight on the model as we don't get any of the smaller sport bikes :crap:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i have all my safety gear...infact i had to do my test in 35 degrees (celcius) and my hands had droplets of sweat from the gloves and i was in a leather jacket that was just suicide.
Bike feels like it would be fun but as of some technical issues i cant ride it just yet due to licensing issues but ive read a little about them but if anyone has owned one and can give insight would be fantastic. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Get summer gloves and always wear gloves.
They keep you from ending up with black hands.

As for the jacket - yes wear that in summer as well. Its not too bad when you are moving, your L course probably had more time stopped than moving which doesnt help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts