Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What went from an "oil and tire change" needed turned into a " k&n race air filter, -1 front sprocket, PowerCommander 5, bazzaz zbomb, speedohealer + oil & tire change"

FML!

I can't wait to feel how the bike runs when i get it back by the end of day tomorrow. WOOHOO!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
same as the dynojet ITR (ignition timing retardation). it's a simple plug-n-play that removes the stock timing retardation from 10k rpm to redline.

I guess we can also add to that list (or soon to order): brembo master cylinder, front SS brake lines, rear caliper relocation bracket, rear SS line, Yoshi R77 Full SS & CF system and then a new map for the Power Commander.

:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
What went from an "oil and tire change" needed turned into a " k&n race air filter, -1 front sprocket, PowerCommander 5, bazzaz zbomb, speedohealer + oil & tire change"

FML!

I can't wait to feel how the bike runs when i get it back by the end of day tomorrow. WOOHOO!
Did u gut out the air box

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was thinking about gutting out my air box on my 03 954rr is it worth it do u have to reprogram the bike after u do that

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get rid of the K&N filter...

Stick to OEM for the blade.
I'm gonna run the K&N Race filter since I already got it. I'll probably switch to a BMC next time.

as for the rear line, I know it's not "needed" but if I do the caliper relocation bracket then I will NEED the custom rear line included in the GB. Besides, its a nice cosmetic upgrade to compliment my red/black/cf theme.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm gonna run the K&N Race filter since I already got it. I'll probably switch to a BMC next time.
I got rid of my K & N and went back to standard on my 954. If you search the forum for threads from a few years ago, there are lots advising that standard are the best.

I had mine dyno'd with both filters just to see if there was any difference (dyno time was free for me) and the standard produced more power (not much but definitely more)

cheers
Simon

·
Registered
283 Posts
I got rid of my K & N and went back to standard on my 954. If you search the forum for threads from a few years ago, there are lots advising that standard are the best.

I had mine dyno'd with both filters just to see if there was any difference (dyno time was free for me) and the standard produced more power (not much but definitely more)

cheers
Simon
By any chance did u get a print out because im very curious.

·
Registered
332 Posts
By any chance did u get a print out because im very curious.
I did but as it was a few years ago now i'm sure not where the graphs are. I'll take a look in the next week and see if i can find them. Don't hold your breath though....

One other thing worth mentioning though is that the bike did (and still has) have an full Arata system on it when it was dyno'd

Cheers
Simon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts