Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be a good idea to sell the top half of my engine...do people even care to buy it?

heads and rods are good, but bottom is no good

·
Registered
476 Posts
would it be a good idea to sell the top half of my engine...do people even care to buy it?

My 929 heads sold for $5 on ebay. I still have the rest of my engine. I could not believe they went so cheap. My engine case is cracked so all the internals and heads are fine. People just don't have the $.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

What's wrong with the engine?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My 929 heads sold for $5 on ebay. I still have the rest of my engine. I could not believe they went so cheap. My engine case is cracked so all the internals and heads are fine. People just don't have the $.
wow...

What's wrong with the engine?
friend told me "the top half is good its just the bottom half"

·
Registered
737 Posts
That looks to me like a cracked case is all you have. I would imagine the internals in upper and lower are ok.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks to me like a cracked case is all you have. I would imagine the internals in upper and lower are ok.
same thing he told me but he is supposed to let me know if there is anything wrong with it, i bought it as a project bike and didnt check below thinking the engine was fine :thumbd:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
It looks like it'd be possible to repair it.
What do the red and green lines indicate?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd try building it up with an epoxy or welding it first.
There's nothing wrong with your oil pan though is there?
explain your procedure, well isnt that the oil pan right under the....nevermind im on the completely opposite side of the bike :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
explain your procedure, well isnt that the oil pan right under the....nevermind im on the completely opposite side of the bike :rotfl:

First you need to burn the oil out of the metal with a torch - being very careful not to melt the aluminium. Form it up with some plastic and build it up with Devcon or JBWeld. Sand it back into shape and file it flat for the stator cover surface. Worth a try at least. If that doesn't work then I'd try welding it up.
The oil pan bolts onto the bottom of the lower crankcase, it's a seperate cover just like the stator cover and clutch cover.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts