Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey blades, quick picture dump of crummy cell pics will have to dI for now. So a quick run down of the recent work:
-New fairings from auctmart, custom painted to match the oem blue 954 scheme.
-Proton flush side markers for the 929
-PSR foot pegs, super grippy
-eBay integrated tail light
-EBC rotors + pads
-Shogun sliders
Will post up individual reviews of each of the parts as I put some miles on them. First impressions on the pegs are WOW these things grip my shoes great, have end spikes to keep from coming off in the rain, and feel almost 1" higher than my last ones in terms of contact point. Highly recommend for $40 from bikebandit.com they make a fantastic oem replacement, much like the 1000rr stock peg.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next on the list is an undertail from HotBodies I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them, and if so what are your impressions? Does it delete the storage compartment? Don't think I could give up that sweet trunk space.
Cheers,

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
ive got the hot bodies undertail on my 954. its a decent piece. it required to cut the oem undertail around the wheel well contour towards the tail light off and the new one kinda mates up over whats left. it fits nice and on my bike at least it the same amount of storage. im not sure but id imagine the 929 is similar. the oem undertail is soft stuff so its easy to cut out. i think the hot bodies is easily the best looking undertail on my bike but im sure there are some differences on the 929. as far as quality goes its a good piece.

curious about your fairings, was the bike originally the blue or did you have the tank painted to match the fairings? im interested to know how well the aftermarkets matched the actual oem color.

bike looks good btw

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice!
The previous owner had painted the bike and the oem fairings a custom color of blue. He then laid it down and damaged every single fairing on the bike! Hence why I picked it up for such a great deal :rolleyes: I plan on having the tank color matched to the new fairings this week. I'll post pictures of the blue when I got it.
As for the scheme I just emailed the company and told them I wanted a set painted like this: and sent them the picture of several oem blue 954's and they did a great job at matching it.
I want to do the black wing on the gas tank but we'll see what the paint shop can do lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
the wings def finish out the look. they are decals under the clear coat on the original tank. you should be able to get the decals on sites like ron ayers or partzilla n have your paint guy put them under the clear.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! I'll give that a shot, I got a pair of honda wings for the tank like the oem had, should look minty! Now I just need to make up my damn mind on the gearing I want to run xD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts