Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yer I know she's not a Honda but I don't care I love her anyway..

She's a 1997 Thundercat, imported into the UK from Germany in 2002 and put on an age related plate. She only has 29,000 odd KM on the clock, backed up by old MOT certificates..

'Cat 2.jpg

'Cat 3.jpg

'Cat 4.jpg

'Cat 5.jpg

'Cat 6.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't get it :p
:rasp: I do ;)

Wow that is a nice one! I tried for a couple of years to grab one of those. Either I never had any $ when I found one or they sold before I even got to look at it. I used to ride exclusively Yamaha until I got my 929. Nice bike, looks like a lot of fun.
I think I did well on her.. I got £1000 for my BabyBlade and picked this one up for £1200..

I'm having to take it a bit easy on her at the moment.. The last owner had a new set of tyres and brake pads put on for the MOT last month and he only did about 6 miles or so on her before he sold her, so I'm scrubbing in new tyres and bedding in pads at the moment.. I think she's gonna do me just fine :D

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
:rasp: I do ;)

I think I did well on her.. I got £1000 for my BabyBlade and picked this one up for £1200..

I'm having to take it a bit easy on her at the moment.. The last owner had a new set of tyres and brake pads put on for the MOT last month and he only did about 6 miles or so on her before he sold her, so I'm scrubbing in new tyres and bedding in pads at the moment.. I think she's gonna do me just fine :D
Wicked buy Loops !!! lOOKS LIKE NEW :thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
:hmm: we only need a Kwack and we'll have a full set in the garage:D

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wicked buy Loops !!! lOOKS LIKE NEW :thumb: :thumb:
She has a few small dings in the paintwork and a graze on the bottom of one of the engine casings where her previous owner dropped her the first week he had her, but all things considered she's in bloody good nick for the year..

·
Premium Member
4,172 Posts
600cc's:) Thundercat to boot! Great choice. Thats a keeper.:cool:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
600cc's:) Thundercat to boot! Great choice. Thats a keeper.:cool:
I think she's great :thumb:
Nice find! My first sportbike was a '92 FZR600.
I thought so.. She's actually heavier than the Blade but because of the riding position so far I've found I'm not noticing the extra weight.. I'll have to see how I get on next week when I start taking her into work.. The trip to work is main roads, motorways as well as country lanes so I'll get to try her on all sorts :D..

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Well done Loopy. I was wondering if the 400 had been sold. Only 200 quid more to boot.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well done Loopy. I was wondering if the 400 had been sold. Only 200 quid more to boot.:thumb:
Thanks Macca, the Baby Blade sold on the second attempt.. She's gone to a lady in Wales as her first big bike after passing her test..

All good, I'm just kidding :)
I know :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i wouldnt mind getting my hands on a thundercat like that & converting it into a streetfighter. a real menace!! lol
My other half Sideshow Bob is already muttering 'streetfighter' at her :crap:

I bought a faired bike so that I'd have protection from the [email protected] weather and ripping her fairings off isn't gonna protect me much so she's staying just as she is :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts