Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Nice job. Once you get some graphics on it, it'll brighten it up by breaking up all the dark colors.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
nice, yeah, some bright graphics are definitely needed tho, even if they are just little white accents here and there it will make the bike pop

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No way I'm doing white wheels, this is a daily driver and cleaning wheels once a week is enough for me, ;)
Just did an exhaust mod, here's a pic of that, and the new decals.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
niiiice.... is that a d&d pipe u got there? and also, good job with the decals, not to much, and not to little. its just right.

anf if you powder coat your wheels, and get a nice good coat of clear on them. you can just spray them with water, and whyla! they shine!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, it's a D&D, I shortened it by about 8" months ago, but still wasn't happy with the way it looked. Now I'm gonna shorten it about another 2" (so my swingarm doesn't hit it), and try some different packing/insulation. I'm looking for a little deeper tone, yet slightly quieter. :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
yeah i knew it. i use to have that one, and i must say. its the best sounding exhaust i owned. now i have a vance and hines, and it gives it a more race quality sound to it, compared to the deeper d&d sound.

i was wondering though, would shortening your exhaust cause you to feel more heat, since itz right there at your foot.:huh:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know yet, haven't been able to ride as much as I normally do, I've been having to drive my truck home so my daughter can use it to take her son to school, but her van goes back on the road this next week or so, so I can start leaving my truck at work again, (I maintain a fleet of cars and sometimes use my truck as a service truck, for jump starts and stuff), and riding the bike daily again. I was looking at a bunch of bikes at the track on Sunday, and quite a few of the newer ones come from the factory with similar systems now, so it can't be too bad. I guess it has enough velocity coming out of the pipe that it doesn't rise, it just keeps going. :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
yeah i think your right about that. but im not sure, do they (exhaust) have a slight angle to them, so when the person is at a intersection, the heat doesnt rise?

ive never taken the time to look closely at the new gixxer, so idk..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts